PDA

View Full Version : Panel editors

WarHorse47
February 1st, 2009, 17:33
I was looking at FS Panel Studio earlier this evening, and was wondering if anybody is using it and what they thought.

I'm constantly tweaking my panels the hard way, and from what I read this should do the trick nicely for 2D panels.

What I'm not sure of is how or if it also works with VC panels. Would this do the trick, or does anybody have another recommendation?

Thanks

--WH

OBIO
February 1st, 2009, 18:50
Have it, love it, would not know what to do without it.

It can be used for placing and moving the gauges on the VC panel...though in most cases the VC panel image is not shown so you have to do some trial and error. Also, the VC window numbering must start with 01 and not 00..for some reason FS Panel Pro does not like 00 for VC panels.

OBIO

Brian_Gladden
February 1st, 2009, 18:51
FS Panel studio is the way to go. It works for placement and resizing of all gauges. 2D or VC. I use it nearly every day.

Brian

Astoroth
February 1st, 2009, 19:11
Yep, what they said! Spend the $, you won't regret it, for someone that tweaks panels a lot like I do, it's a necessity...

Lionheart
February 1st, 2009, 19:48
FS Panel Studio all the way!

Best $20.00 you'll ever invest.. All it can do in seconds is well worth it!

:ernae:

Bill

Willy
February 1st, 2009, 19:52
Can't say enough good stuff about FS Panel Studio. :ernae:

johndetrick
February 2nd, 2009, 02:54
I've been using it for years and wouldn't do without it.

Wild Bill Kelso
February 2nd, 2009, 11:22
Hi, WH!

As stated before, fiddling in VC with FSPS sometimes is annoying, but if you want to replace a certain gauge (nice HSI instead of a RMI), it works fine!

This is how a 2D panel (from my customised Mk. I Spitfire) and the VC look in FSPS:

Ascua02
February 3rd, 2009, 08:45
Wonderful piece of software, even helps you to modify the gauges if you are so inclined, you won't regret the $

Saludos

falcon409
February 3rd, 2009, 10:48
. . . . . .What I'm not sure of is how or if it also works with VC panels. Would this do the trick, or does anybody have another recommendation? Thanks,
--WH
I've had some VC panels whose designers actually laid out the entire gauge set as it's viewed in the sim rather than stacking them as Wild Bill shows in his Spitfire example. In those rare cases, while it's still a case of move and check, move and check again, it's still relatively easy to do. That won't always be the case of course and sometimes there doesn't seem to be any particular plan by some when it comes to how they show in FSPS and then you just have to wing it. Also, in some of the newer aircraft, the gauges are hardcoded to the mdl file and there is no manipulating those at all.
Basically though, FSPS is by far the easiest method for panel mods (2D and VC) and once you get started, it'll be hard to quit.

Willy
February 3rd, 2009, 14:50
The only panel I've tried with FSPS to mess with and had no luck was the FSD Cessna 337. I'm still not sure what they did with that one to make it so difficult.

graemeb
February 3rd, 2009, 16:54
FSD have a copy protection system on their panels/gauges, so you will not be able to use FS Panel Studio with their planes.