PDA

View Full Version : AI Question

richdrag5
December 27th, 2015, 16:13
I recently re-installedCFS2 on a new system and after a few minor issues, have it up and running. My last install on my last system was years ago. So, I knew I would be starting from scratch and would have to tweak a lot of things to get it back to where I had it before. Setting up a mission, I noticed that the ships will not fire on AI planes and AI planes will not attack anything but my plane. I set up a small mission to test some things...... I placed my ship on a moving carrier and set some AI planes to Fighter Sweep. They flew overhead, turned around about 4000' out, came back and fired me up. Great. I did notice, though, that my carrier guns never fired on the AI planes. I then ran the same mission but changed the AI planes to Anti-Ship. They flew overhead and kept going. Again, my ship never fired a shot. I know that with my last install, when I set a mission, the AI planes would attack and all the ships fired at AI planes. I'm sure there's a tweak involved but I can't remember that far back what I did. Did a quick search but found nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

The B24 Guy
December 27th, 2015, 18:06
Hi richdrag5,

What aircraft and ships are you using?
Ships should fire at enemy units and enemy AI should attack your ships.

You might want to post the mission so others can take a look at it.

Regards,
B24Guy

TheBookie
December 27th, 2015, 18:31
Did you put a front line in the mission?

richdrag5
December 28th, 2015, 07:10
Thanks for the responses. I did add a frontline with no results. I attached the mission file to look at and see if there's anything wrong. Again, this was just a test file to see if the ships would attack the AI planes. For me, the AI planes just attack my destroyer without having a shot fired at them. When my plane attacks an enemy ship, they fire at me no problem. But, for some reason, it doesn't work for the AI planes. Frustrating. If you see anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

richdrag5
December 28th, 2015, 09:09
One more thing, I noticed that when the AI planes get near the ship, their gun turrets swivel and the barrels elevate but they never fire.

TheBookie
December 28th, 2015, 09:54
Checked out your mission.

One thing is set attack with torpedoes. I also set them to ace and aggressiveness to high.The plane flew by the ship and lined up for their torpedo run.Ship opened fired on them and they sank the ship.

richdrag5
December 28th, 2015, 11:38
Hi Bookie. Thanks for taking the time to take a look at the mission setup. The AI planes always conduct the attack properly. The problem is that the ships won't fire at the AI planes. They just keep steaming ahead and get sunk without a fight. I'm glad to know it worked for you, though so I know I'm setting up the missions correctly (except for those few things you mentioned). As I said, when my plane attacks an enemy ship, the ship fires at me. But, when it's AI planes, they don't. It must be something with the AI system. I hate the thought of re-installing everything again. When I installed CFS2 on my last system, I sort of remember the same problem (it was a long time ago) and I could have sworn that there was a fix for it. But, I can't remember. If there are any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks again, Bookie.