PDA

View Full Version : No CS 9.99 sale this year?

747jet
December 27th, 2015, 02:46
Hi,

now that Christmas is over, I am a bit sad we had no 9.99 sale this year. Of course no infos from Captain Sim on FB and twitter.
I really want their 767. Now I am thinking of buying it with regular price.
Is it worth the 39.99? I have the 757 and I like it although it is not perfect.

CodyValkyrie
December 27th, 2015, 06:19
Probably precisely why they didn't do a sale this year, because everyone expected it. I think after a few years of seeing my products sell for dirt cheap, and the majority of my customers buying them that way, I might axe it too.

747jet
December 27th, 2015, 06:38
Probably precisely why they didn't do a sale this year, because everyone expected it. I think after a few years of seeing my products sell for dirt cheap, and the majority of my customers buying them that way, I might axe it too.

I understand your point but this does not apply for all people. For example I bought 3 of their planes with expansion for regular price. I liked doing this for the normal price because they are worth it.
So if someone can tell me the 767 is worth it, too. It is ok for me!

IanP
December 27th, 2015, 08:42
Personally, I've always had more problems with the 767 than I had with the 757, but they're both on a similar level technically. I wouldn't trust the autoland on either of them - they both nosedive into the runway or just plain don't flare for me, but if you have and like the 757 then you'll probably like the 767. I can rule out operator error (Heck, once "LAND3" is lit, there's little input you can give!), but can't rule out my problems as being system specific, so that's just my experience and very much a YMMV!

Ian P.

Sieggie
December 27th, 2015, 10:34

Kind of a mixed bag. I paid full price for some of their planes because I would be flying them often. Others I would never have purchased except on sale as I flew them once then put them away. That was an extra 9 euros for each of those planes they would never have seen otherwise.

Dave

747jet
December 28th, 2015, 04:29
Ok I did it. Looks nice until now but as we all know FSX is worse than a woman during her "special time in the month" lol.

But I noticed one strange thing: I started form a snowy airport and the 767 took the snow with her. It looks like smoke 30 meters under the aircraft. FSX always surprises my with its damned bugs :encouragement:

Anyone has ever seen this?

FlameOut
December 28th, 2015, 14:52
Yep !
Sometimes reloading aircraft in mid flight helps.

ncooper
December 29th, 2015, 01:03
Yes, it's an FSX bug.
This rather good and reasonably priced product adds much better effects and
cures this bug.
It also fixes the "tunnel" effect of rain and snow.
https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

mgchrist5
January 9th, 2016, 19:43
To those who are interested:

Greetings,
We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com (http://www.captainsim.com/)
Important: 24 hours only. At 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.