PDA

View Full Version : STEAM Users be cautious- possible security issues

CP1207
December 25th, 2015, 13:23
Disclaimer- I am not a Steam user, found this on another website but thought it should be posted-

"My friend informed me. When you go into 'Account Information' via Steam Client, it leads you to other peoples pages.

I looked at it and there is another guys page named 'minkey***' and it has saved credit card information, which is not mine. I can see his mail address clearly. Also if that random guy has money in Steam Wallet, I think you can spend it too. Mine has $0 at all.

I think big security issue is happening right now. You can check it with Steam Client. I am not gonna upload a screenshot because I dont want to spoil that guys e-mail address or other info."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162196&page=1&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Stefano Zibell
December 25th, 2015, 16:26
Seems resolved by now. From what I read, it just served the wrong pages, no alterations or purchases were allowed.

Firekitten
December 26th, 2015, 00:27
Big flash in the pan, as said above, wrong pages were displayed but authentication to pay wouldn't work. All resolved and working now.

Heck, by the time i heard, it was over! First ever security problem I ever heard about with Steam, so that's a first.

KellyB
December 26th, 2015, 04:46
Big flash in the pan, as said above, wrong pages were displayed but authentication to pay wouldn't work. All resolved and working now.

Heck, by the time i heard, it was over! First ever security problem I ever heard about with Steam, so that's a first.

But likely not the last.