PDA

View Full Version : SSW F-104 steering wheel

DonJosh
December 24th, 2015, 11:53
Hello and merry christmas guys,

i bought the sim skunk works F-104, but i can't figure out how to activate the wheel steering in this beauty.
i searched in the web, but I can't find something.
I tried it with shift+U but it didn't work and i find nothing other to activate it.
is there a clickable knob in the cockpit or something?

it would be great someone can help me

regards and best wishes

Josh

menef
December 24th, 2015, 12:02
Hi ! Inside the SSW F104 main folder you have a sub-folder named docs, taken from the PDF doc named zipperhints :
NOSEWHEEL STEERING ENGAGEMENT
o To engage/disingage steering assign a key stroke or joystick button (preferred) to "TOGGLE LAUNCH BAR" FSX event (suggested "button 4" on joystick)
o
Steering will auto.disigange when airborne.

BYE

DonJosh
December 24th, 2015, 12:27
Hi ! Inside the SSW F104 main folder you have a sub-folder named docs, taken from the PDF doc named zipperhints :
NOSEWHEEL STEERING ENGAGEMENT
o To engage/disingage steering assign a key stroke or joystick button (preferred) to "TOGGLE LAUNCH BAR" FSX event (suggested "button 4" on joystick)
o
Steering will auto.disigange when airborne.

BYE

first: thank you for the quick answer. i found the launch bar, but when i toggle this button, nothing happend. my jet run straight.
i changed the key-combo but it didn't help. do you have a second tip for me :)

DaveB
December 24th, 2015, 12:32
Shift+U works fine for me but as Menef says.. you need to reactivate it each time weight is off the nose gear. Also.. if you didn't accept the new key assignments for ACC, there won't be a shift+U mapped (if I remember right) so you'll either have to change to the ACC key map or assign it yourself;)
ATB
DaveB:)

StormILM
December 24th, 2015, 12:46
2 Points, you can only activate the nose wheel steering (via the shift-u function) if you're in the VC view. Also, when activated, you will hear a momentary beep sound.

DonJosh
December 25th, 2015, 00:33
thank you guys! :wiggle:

merry christmas at all