PDA

View Full Version : Baldy K11W1 Kamikaze mod package by UncleTgt

UncleTgt
December 24th, 2015, 02:53
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/882714509550967892.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Japanese

Description: Baldy K11W1 Shiragiku kamikaze by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of Baldys K11W1 Shiragiku for CFS2 by Peperez, for CFS 2. Following the guidelines by Pen32win, it turns the aircraft into an AI kamikaze that can be used in missions.

The repaint is: Tokushima ku Japan 1945.

The changes made were: The dp was modified to add kelti exhaust effects, & the airfile aircraft type changed to remove it from the Player Selection.

The aircraft category was changed to 4. You lose the true dive bomb vertical dive but retain a moderately steep dive onto target, but gain the ability to programme a low level torpedo bomb approach on target vessels.

The payloads were changed to offer the Mission writer two different attack profiles. The K11W1 isn't anyware fast enough for a low level approach to have any chance of achieving a hit, but it will at least keep the CAP guessing!

Kamikaze - Hi: This mimics a hi level/ dive bomb approach & uses Shadow Wolf's kamikaze bomb from his Satan's Kittens VF19 campaign. (available at Sim-Outhouse)

Kamikaze - Low: This uses Pen32win's skip bomb mod (AF_ddandhf.zip, B25 skip bomb aircraft, available at Sim-Outhouse) to mimic a low level approach

Notes for mission builders: See Pen32win's AF_Kamikaze pack for how to build events & triggers for a kamikaze mission. All I've done is to use his later skip bomb-torpedo to allow some variety to kamikaze attack profiles.

For the "lo" approach the change in weapon means the drop trigger becomes "attack with torpedoes", & the mission trigger becomes "torpedoes = 0" instead of "bombs = 0", but otherwise operates exactly as Pen32win advises.

When invoking the "engine fire" event, I've found that particularly with the low approach profile it's better to delay the event by a second or two, but otherwise Pen32win's notes are spot on.

To install, unzip this download and place the complete aircraft within the aircraft folder in your CFS2 Main Directory. Back up any originals & replace them with these.

Thanks to: Baldy for the original a/c, filling in gaps for the CFS 2 world one plane at a time.

Kelti for inspiring exhaust effects & prop disks.

Martin Wright for Mdlmat & DXTbmp programmes.

Pen32win for his AF_Kamikaze pack & the skip bomb-torpedo, allowing us to mimic some real world tactics in spite of the limitations of the CFS 2 game engine.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

DEC 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy K11W1 kamikaze UT.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=20663&catid=53)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
December 24th, 2015, 02:59
John,

Once again, what an outstanding addition. Thank you for all of your hard work! :ernaehrung004:

Captain Kurt
December 24th, 2015, 07:49
As Rodney Dangerfield would say, "I can't get no respect" LOL. In case anyone wants to go looking for it to download, VF19 Satan's Kittens is a Captain Kurt campaign.

UncleTgt
December 24th, 2015, 13:51
As Rodney Dangerfield would say, "I can't get no respect" LOL. In case anyone wants to go looking for it to download, VF19 Satan's Kittens is a Captain Kurt campaign.

:hopelessness: Aw, c'mon CK, I least I got Baldy to make me one of these things ....:icon_redface:

I've updated the read me :semi-twins:

miamieagle
December 24th, 2015, 14:15
Thank you!

Its a nice addition:applause:

Captain Kurt
December 24th, 2015, 18:43
No problem. I'm not offended, just wanted people to not get confused if they want to find the VF-19 campaign to download it.

And I'm glad you and Baldy got the airplane package put together, great job. :wavey: