PDA

View Full Version : Which Bonanza to get from Carenado?

RKinkor
December 19th, 2015, 12:15
I am having a hard time deciding which Bonanza to get during the Carenado Christmas Sale? Leaning toward A36 or F33 with the Vtail as a maybe. What I need to know (as someone who has never had much interest in the Bonanza series) is which one offers the most accurate sim of a Bonanza? Also does anybody happen to know if the F-33 Bonanza that they offer have any of the aerobatic options of the F33C? Thanks in advance for your opinions. BTW the only reason I am limiting it to Carenado is I am on a budget this year and that price point is all I can afford.

jankees
December 19th, 2015, 12:23
I don't know about accuracy, but the V-tail is by far the coolest I think!
Heck, even Adolf Galland flew one:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2010/FX9017a.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2010/FX9017a.jpg.html)

how can you resist that?

DaveB
December 19th, 2015, 12:29
I've had em both for a while. Don't fly either much but of the 2.. I prefer the V-Tail. Can't comment on the accuracy of the FD I'm afraid. It's ok for me (they both are) but I'd not know if either were accurate. Carenado stuff tends to be 'in the ball park' by and large.

ATB
DaveB:)

SeanTK
December 19th, 2015, 12:44
The VC of the A36 is the most up-to-date of all of them, both in terms of avionics as well as the modelling itself (3D gauges). Features the Aspen suite, so if you like a little bit of glass, go with the 36.

txnetcop
December 19th, 2015, 13:06
None of Carenado's aircraft are spot on compared to say A2A but I would bet that either the A36 or F33 would be fun to fly in FSX. I have flown both in real life and found them very pilot friendly...with the exception of turbulence in the V-Tail. I can afford one plane this year so I'm holding off for Mike's Argonaut for special reasons. Love the new Aeroplane Heaven models but gotta wait till next year. I don't think you can go wrong with either of your two Carenado choices for the price. I wonder if the V-tail performance shows the flutter that shows up if the ruddervators are properly balanced. That would be awesome!
Ted

binarkansas
December 19th, 2015, 13:58
I have both the V35 and the F33. They are both nice models. The F33 is a little newer, maybe a bit better graphics, but for me the thing that always made the Bonanza rather unique and different is the V tail.

Their flight model is not perfect, but I believe there are add on modifications you can find online.

heywooood
December 19th, 2015, 20:15
I have their V-35 and love it...it renders instantly on view switching and flies according to spec...very low to zero impact on FPS while looking iconic and sexxy

Its almost like asking "should I get the split window Vette? or a K car...hmmm"

donnybalonny
December 20th, 2015, 00:23
The V35 and F33 are a bit old in the textures, but the prettiest IMO. They have tinted glass, which I hate. I was able to remove it to an acceptable degree. If you get one of these, very important, download and install the optional FD from Carenados site. The default is Old-Carenado dull and the newer ones made by Bernt Stolle are a lot better.

The A36 is default in P3D, it has updated textures and personally I find it to be very boring to fly and I never use it.

RKinkor
December 20th, 2015, 09:48
Ok thanks for the opinions!

Aircanuck
December 23rd, 2015, 17:35
I don't know about accuracy, but the V-tail is by far the coolest I think!
Heck, even Adolf Galland flew one:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2010/FX9017a.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2010/FX9017a.jpg.html)

how can you resist that?

Hey there nice to be back ....

Rather fancy the Galland repaint, is it available as a download ?

Another question if I may, this a/c has a habit of taking a short hop and bounce upon landing regardless how slow I perform my approach. Had a chat with Carenado but was unsuccessful with a "fix". Anybody have any ideas or encountered this concern?

Cheers in advance and to all a Merry Christmas:santahat:

jankees
December 23rd, 2015, 21:18
here you go: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1527-carenado-v35b-bonanza-d-ehex/

Aircanuck
December 25th, 2015, 06:29
Hey there nice to be back ....

Rather fancy the Galland repaint, is it available as a download ?

Another question if I may, this a/c has a habit of taking a short hop and bounce upon landing regardless how slow I perform my approach. Had a chat with Carenado but was unsuccessful with a "fix". Anybody have any ideas or encountered this concern?

Cheers in advance and to all a Merry Christmas:santahat:

Loaded the new paint work, now I'm unable to see out the windows because they now appear to be tinted ?? Any way to tweak back to normal ?

Cheers

jankees
December 25th, 2015, 08:14
mmm, maybe copy the texture.cfg from another paint?

Willy
December 25th, 2015, 08:30
Its almost like asking "should I get the split window Vette? or a K car...hmmm"

My thoughts exactly. If it doesn't have a V-tail, it's not a Bonanza to me.

Aircanuck
December 25th, 2015, 10:16
mmm, maybe copy the texture.cfg from another paint?

Copied the "texture.cfg from another folder with no improvment, then I copied the "Carenado F33 plexiglass.bmp and WHAMO .... I can see again !!

Happy Happy ... now if I could just stop it from bouncing down the runway !?

Cheers Jankees