PDA

View Full Version : Installed ships limit for CFS2

kelticheart
December 14th, 2015, 23:54
Hi everybody! :wavey:

I know this subjects was already covered in the past, but I'll be darned if I can remember what's the limit for installed ships in CFS2, beyond which CFS2 starts acting up, if not CTD.

Stuart's enthusiastic and copious shipbuilding production, of very high quality, is making me launch more and more new ships in my installs.

Aircraft limit is a little less than 100, not always constant, but what about ships? :confused:

It's a promise: this time I'll write down and file this info. :icon_redface:

Thank you very much!
KH

baldy
December 15th, 2015, 00:12
It doesn't really matter because you can easily control the situation with Martin Wright's Shipman program - like ACman only for ships

cheers

baldy

Rami
December 15th, 2015, 03:31
Stefano,

Talon used to swear it was 100, just like aircraft. I've found on my installs that I start having problems after about 88 or 89 ships.

TheBookie
December 15th, 2015, 05:26
Stefano,

Talon used to swear it was 100, just like aircraft. I've found on my installs that I start having problems after about 88 or 89 ships.

Rami,

I think it was 200.

Having 5 of Talons CFS2 installs he has over 200 ships in each with one having 242 ships. I have had no problems with any of them when trying them out, this includes the MB.

Rami
December 15th, 2015, 05:43
Rami,

I think it was 200.

Having 5 of Talons CFS2 installs he has over 200 ships in each with one having 242 ships. I have had no problems with any of them when trying them out, this includes the MB.

The Bookie,

I'd love to know why I can't replicate this...what's the secret? :dizzy:

Shadow Wolf 07
December 15th, 2015, 06:44
In one install I've had as many as 120 ships actively installed with no problems. (and that was in an old Windows XP system) The rest of my ships I kept in a separate folder in my SHIPS folder and swapped as the mission(s) required.

TheBookie
December 15th, 2015, 09:08
The Bookie,

I'd love to know why I can't replicate this...what's the secret? :dizzy:

I wondering if it may have to do with the amount of scenery and other things that effect it.I noticed where he has more scenery there are less ships.

Being you do most of you work in the ETO the scenery is more concentrated in that are where in the PTO it's spread out more. Just a thought.

stuart277
December 15th, 2015, 10:57
Hi All,

At one time I had over 150 ships in my ship testing install then all of a sudden I got the 'failed to initialize' message.

At this point I could only have about 20 ships installed before I got the 'failed to initialize' message.

At the moment I only have 9 ships and by next week, one or two.

Initially I thought it was a problem with one of my latest efforts, but it was not the case.

I think that the program sometimes has a mind if its own.

Shipman is the way to go.

Cheers,

Stuart

Cody Coyote
December 16th, 2015, 07:02
Over the years of following this discussion again and again I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a "ship limit" as such as there is with aircraft. There appears to be too wide a variance in the number of ships before the error occurs. Some people may have a hundred more ships in their install and still not get the error. That points to the problem being elsewhere. I suspect it is a combination of ships and some other type of entry or entries that we've never identified. Once the threshold of entries is reached (in whatever combination that is) we begin to experience these errors. That would explain why so many of us have encountered this problem but can't find a pattern. Total number of ships is a part of the puzzle but not the whole puzzle. It's ships plus ??????

kdriver
December 16th, 2015, 08:15
I have 750 ships installed. However, I do have a separate Mission Builder install which will only work with a tenth of that number.

kelticheart
December 18th, 2015, 01:57
Many thanks to all of you for the assistance! :encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

Thread duly downloaded and stored away.

KH :santahat:

Marty
July 25th, 2016, 19:05
I can Not seem to find this program for CFS2. can anyone help

Marty
July 25th, 2016, 19:12
It doesn't really matter because you can easily control the situation with Martin Wright's Shipman program - like ACman only for ships

cheers

baldy

I can not find where to download the program

baldy
July 25th, 2016, 22:10
checking the website http://www.mwgfx.co.uk the Shipman program doesn't appear in the list - I suggest you contact Martin directly via the website

baldy

TheBookie
July 25th, 2016, 23:06
It's at the Shpyard I think below Collins ships.Not on my regular computer so don't have the link.

baldy
July 26th, 2016, 00:26
that's right Bookie - at the bottom of the page http://simviation.com//lair/cfs2shipyard.htm it's called Ship Manager

baldy

Marty
July 26th, 2016, 03:35
I found it and got it again many thanks