PDA

View Full Version : Solomons 1943 Scenery Question....

MudMarine
December 10th, 2015, 17:30
I'm trying to add Solomons 1943 scenery in to my P3D install. For some reason the sim isn't recognizing it....when I go into the game and try to add it, it's not coming up in the addon scenery file. I've had this problem before but I can't remember what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Badger85
December 10th, 2015, 20:42
Try perhaps using SceneryConfigEditor (http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/) . It's so much better than activating scenery within FSX, and it's free.

Edit:I forgot you're using P3D. I'm not 100% sure it will work with that sim, but maybe it does (or there is an alternative).

roger-wilco-66
December 10th, 2015, 21:01
Hi,

It should be the same as in FSX - just add the folders to the scenery library and make sure that the folders are arranged in the right order (folder 1_xxxxxxx on top). You also need to make sure that the location of the scenery folders is outside the UAC, but that's a common problem and not specific to the Solomons.

Beware though that since P3D V2.4 or 2.5 some of the AFCAD style airfields in Solomon 1943 are missing the taxiways. LM changed some AFCAD definitions back then.

I've got it running in P3D V3.
You also can use Freemesh FSX Global and dump or deactivate the mesh folder that comes with the Solomon 1943 distribution, by the way.

Cheers,
Mark

MudMarine
December 11th, 2015, 14:42
It's NOT allowing me to add them to the scenery liberary no matter how I try to add them.....

roger-wilco-66
December 13th, 2015, 06:54
Does it throw any error messages?
Where did you locate the scenery folders?

MudMarine
December 13th, 2015, 14:40
Folders are in the Addon Scenery file........

stovall
December 13th, 2015, 14:56
This may seem simple but after clicking OK in the scenery add area, are you clicking on the page where the folder is located. In FSX I found you must almost double click by first clicking OK then again on the page. Hope this helps.

MudMarine
December 14th, 2015, 10:21
I figured it out guys! Woot Woot! Thank you for the help.....it pointed me in the right direction!

roger-wilco-66
December 14th, 2015, 10:29
Just for the search engine and as an help for others encountering the problem, was the solution what Tom suggested?