PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth Installer problems?

falcon409
December 3rd, 2015, 17:30
Has anyone ever had problems with the installers for Nemeth Design products? In particular that the installation keys don't work? I've written to them twice now telling them the key doesn't work, they simply send me an e-mail with the exact same key. Also, even the installer program won't start now. if I double click the icon I just get a cursor spinning for hours with no response. I have to reboot to try again. Where are these people located?:redfire:

Cirrus N210MS
December 3rd, 2015, 19:12
no prob here Just copy the key in 1 2 and 3 area should work i just got the BK117 no probs with the keys

jeansy
December 3rd, 2015, 19:31
sorry to hear

they have not made a public announcement in nearly 12mths regarding anything or support in the nd forums, the only guy who posts there is a one of the last beta testers to get a gig there, who made a post some months ago stating they arent working on anything FS

which looks like its supporting my post about them folding late last/ early this yr.

I feel for you and all the people who have been posting for support the past 12mths

I know it doesnt help, but if its been less than 14 days since purchase you can claim for a refund according to them

my advice in hindsight if you really need to buy one of their products buy it from a retailer ie simmarket or flightsim store, that way you can get support from them and if you get no help or joy you can always get a refund

as for the installer? have you turned off your antivirus? or run as admin?

falcon409
December 3rd, 2015, 20:21
sorry to hear

they have not made a public announcement in nearly 12mths regarding anything or support in the nd forums, the only guy who posts there is a one of the last beta testers to get a gig there, who made a post some months ago stating they aren't working on anything FS

which looks like its supporting my post about them folding late last/ early this yr.
I feel for you and all the people who have been posting for support the past 12mths
I know it doesn't help, but if its been less than 14 days since purchase you can claim for a refund according to them
my advice in hindsight if you really need to buy one of their products buy it from a retailer ie simmarket or flightsim store, that way you can get support from them and if you get no help or joy you can always get a refund

as for the installer? have you turned off your antivirus? or run as admin?
I did have the antivirus off. Can't try running as Admin now because the installer has died and downloading a new one hasn't helped so I think there is a limitation for use somehow.

falcon409
December 3rd, 2015, 20:27
no prob here Just copy the key in 1 2 and 3 area should work i just got the BK117 no probs with the keys
Yep, you'd think it would be that simple but I hit a snag with the middle part of the key, when I typed that section in it would not take the final letter. . .no way no how. It would accept "other letters" but not THAT letter. . .just crazy. I even tried typing in each letter of the alphabet at that position and each single digit number on the off chance that their key had a typo for that last letter/digit. . .no-go.

If I ever get any more e-mails from them and there is no solution I'll attempt to recover the $30 price tag as of course I bought it through their site.:dizzy:

jeansy
December 3rd, 2015, 20:52
what did you buy?

If I have the exe file, I can send you a copy of mine, and you can use your key to activate it

falcon409
December 3rd, 2015, 21:29
what did you buy?

If I have the exe file, I can send you a copy of mine, and you can use your key to activate it
The Mi-24.

jeansy
December 4th, 2015, 01:26
your in luck, the zip with the exe is only 46mb, i shouldnt have to send the other .z0X files

I will send you a pm with a dropbox link shortly when its done

falcon409
December 4th, 2015, 03:46
your in luck, the zip with the exe is only 46mb, i shouldnt have to send the other .z0X files

I will send you a pm with a dropbox link shortly when its done
Thanks Jeansy but no luck. double clicking on this one gets the same results, it never starts. . .just a spinning cursor. It really seems that after multiple tries to get this to work (and no more correspondence from Nemeth) that there is a limitation to how many tries you can do before it just shuts down. Looks like I'll have to attempt to get reimbursed from Nemeth Designs.

jeansy
December 4th, 2015, 04:00
Thanks Jeansy but no luck. double clicking on this one gets the same results, it never starts. . .just a spinning cursor. It really seems that after multiple tries to get this to work (and no more correspondence from Nemeth) that there is a limitation to how many tries you can do before it just shuts down. Looks like I'll have to attempt to get reimbursed from Nemeth Designs.

Do you have the the 4 .z0# files as well?

Their file format is somewhat messed up

jeansy
December 4th, 2015, 04:20
another PM sent