PDA

View Full Version : My Beaver won't start.

stoney
February 1st, 2009, 08:12
Hope someone has had this problem and could advise me. I have FS2002 and recently installed a nice DHC Turbo Beaver (floats) from Bush Flying Unlimited for FS2002. No matter what I do I can't get the engine to spool up and catch. About four of the gauges included will not show saying the game couldn't load third party software?? I tried switching the offending out the gauges with others but no joy. Before I delete the aircraft I hope you guys might help. Thanks.

LouP
February 1st, 2009, 09:23
And I thought this was an x rated thread :focus:
LouP :typing:

dogknot
February 1st, 2009, 09:45
Not sure which authors TBeav you are using, but one was eventually abandoned at BFU for new and improved models that came along.

Off the top of my head I don't remember the starting troubles, but it's been a long while since I was in FS2002.
There was a updated gauge pkg that corrected some difficulties that some computers had. It's at avsim.

Here's a avsim library link...the first on the list is the gauge replacement pkg.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Turbo+Beaver&CatID=fs2002&Go=Search

harleyman
February 1st, 2009, 11:07
And I thought this was an x rated thread :woot:

Me too....Mine is getting old,but she still starts.....:focus::woot:

planejunky
February 1st, 2009, 12:18

Me too, could'nt resist opening it....... the thread that is! :icon_lol:

stoney
February 1st, 2009, 13:32
Thanks gents. yeah I thought that opener might get immediate action.
:amen:

NRM
February 1st, 2009, 14:45
stoney, does the engine turn over? if so it just matter of increasing the fuel flow or throttle control. I had this problem and it got sorted by modify the aircraft.cfg

Drake
February 1st, 2009, 15:23
Funniest thread title EVER!

:ernae:

stoney
February 1st, 2009, 15:33
Hmmm..Let me give that a try Grim. No, the prop won't turn, but the starter tries to spool up then shuts down. I tried using other airfiles, but none did the trick.

NRM
February 1st, 2009, 17:35
It sounds like it could be the starter within the aircraft.cfg.

rpjkw
February 1st, 2009, 17:44

OH!, What I wanted to type.:gossip::faint:

Bob

Motormouse
February 2nd, 2009, 10:26
check the min throttle setting in the aircraft.cfg,
make it something like 0.1 and see wot happens, normally fixes this

ttfn

Pete

fnkybnch
February 2nd, 2009, 10:40
I think I had the same problem once. The fuel tank selecter switch was set to "off". That might be the trouble here.

stoney
February 2nd, 2009, 15:17
I got her workin' with a new panel and airfile. I'm not sure which it was, but I'm fly'n anyway. Thanks to all for the help.:wave:

NRM
February 2nd, 2009, 17:16
Good to here you got the Beaver up and running.