November 13th, 2015, 19:47
Je t'aime Paris!

Scratch
November 13th, 2015, 20:15
La Solidarite' La Marseillaise

Moi aussi.............

ColoKent
November 13th, 2015, 20:25
Hats off to the French and their efforts to keep their citizens safe.

stovall
November 13th, 2015, 20:37
Today, we are all Frenchmen.

wombat666
November 13th, 2015, 22:09
I share the sentiment, but we really should be posting this in the Newshawks forum.

:australia: :france:

Cees Donker
November 14th, 2015, 00:38
I share the sentiment, but we really should be posting this in the Newshawks forum.

You're right.

Cees

:netherlands: :france:

GB
November 14th, 2015, 00:41
Regardless of where we post about the events, all of normal thinking people feel shocked and angry. Reporters speak for more than 153 people lost, and hundreds of wounded. Hundreds of innocent ordinary persons being attacked by sick minded while trying to do their jobs, to live their lives, and to enjoy their Friday evening with friends and families. This is not a war, this is a colossal size intentional atrocity against civilian population, and as such this is a war crime.

My heart is with France and French people. May the lost rest in peace, the wounded recover and those who lost family members & friends to have the courage and tranquility for remembering their beloved persons.

mrogers
November 14th, 2015, 01:15
I was stunned and close to tears as I watched the news unfold on my TV. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families.

dewoitine
November 14th, 2015, 01:34
Thank you very much for all comments and for your compassion.
Sincere condolences to families.

mvg3d
November 14th, 2015, 01:58
Regardless of where we post about the events, all of normal thinking people feel shocked and angry. Reporters speak for more than 153 people lost, and hundreds of wounded. Hundreds of innocent ordinary persons being attacked by sick minded while trying to do their jobs, to live their lives, and to enjoy their Friday evening with friends and families. This is not a war, this is a colossal size intentional atrocity against civilian population, and as such this is a war crime.

My heart is with France and French people. May the lost rest in peace, the wounded recover and those who lost family members & friends to have the courage and tranquility for remembering their beloved persons.

I completely approve this comment, Vive la France !!!

JensOle
November 14th, 2015, 01:58
My thoughts and prayers are with the French people. Extremely shocking to see the news last night, it is just outright disgusting to see such attacks on civilian people.

Not related to this, but I have to share the police arming policy in Norway. The police said yesterday that there were no more threat against the country and actually banned the police from carrying weapons.. You cannot beat that level of stupidity. Really good threat analysis work..

DaveQ
November 14th, 2015, 02:23
Like others I'm shocked and deeply saddened by this horrific event. Posting here rather than elsewhere is the most direct way IMHO we can show our solidarity with the French people and especially our French friends in the flight simulator world.

Vive La Republique!

DaveQ

rich12545
November 14th, 2015, 03:24
I agree with all these comments. But I'm not surprised at the events. It's just more terrorism from a specific group of barbarians that nobody wants to name. Unless our president and other world leaders stand up to them, we can count on more of the same. I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

HouseHobbit
November 14th, 2015, 03:47
Prayers for the families and people of France..

Vive la France..

Rami
November 14th, 2015, 03:48
I agree with all these comments. But I'm not surprised at the events. It's just more terrorism from a specific group of barbarians that nobody wants to name. Unless our president and other world leaders stand up to them, we can count on more of the same. I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

Rich12545,

I've gone from a dove to a hawk on this. This madness has to stop; let's call a spade a spade.

Viva la France...

jim
November 14th, 2015, 03:56
France needs a Second Amendment.

Roxane-21
November 14th, 2015, 04:15
So terrorists would be able to get firearms easier than they are now... :applause:

Don't you have enough children killed by firearms in your own country every year?
If you don't have any intelligent comment to give, please say nothing. :wavey:

rvn817j
November 14th, 2015, 04:25
My condolences to the families of those killed in this senseless, cowardly attack.

ce_zeta
November 14th, 2015, 04:25
Rest in peace.

Vive la France!

smoky942
November 14th, 2015, 05:14
Sincerest condolences to the French people.

I believe that it is time that all this human rights and political correctness nonsense is put aside, and ALL countries pool their resources to rid the world of these unspeakable creatures.

/Russell.

stovall
November 14th, 2015, 05:36

No doubt this thread needed to be in Newshawks. I thought it important to allow folks to show their feelings for the moment before I moved it. Viva la France..

b52bob
November 14th, 2015, 06:14
So terrorists would be able to get firearms easier than they are now... :applause:

Don't you have enough children killed by firearms in your own country every year?

I 100% agree!

z28lt
November 14th, 2015, 06:16
Bad guys will always get guns to do evil things and you need good guys with guns to stop them Ignorant people don't understand this.

cortomalteseit
November 14th, 2015, 06:23
:italy: :france:

ce_zeta
November 14th, 2015, 07:04
Bad guys will always get guns to do evil things and you need good guys with guns to stop them Ignorant people don't understand this.
We can discuss about arms control in another thread if you want, but IMO it's not apropiate discuss about it in this thread.

rich12545
November 14th, 2015, 09:05

This is absolutely correct.

Devildog73
November 14th, 2015, 09:41
What I am about to post is A-political and respects all societies' and nations' rights to determine their own course with regard to arming themselves or not with firearms.

I have a suggestion for future such tragic events:

In the USA we have what is called "dog-piling".

It is an event whereby a bunch of people rush one person and pile on top of them.
It is usually done joyously at the end of the world series baseball championship game or other winning sporting event.

However, as an experienced police firearms instructor and police unarmed self-defense instructor of many years, I will tell you all, it would work where a confined number of 25 to 100+ unarmed people are confronted by 1 to 5 armed assailants.

Yes, during the rushing of the armed assailant(s) some people could be injured or killed, but shear numbers will overwhelm the assailant(s) and they will be unable to hurt anyone else on the bottom of the dog pile.
If they are dressed with a bomb vest, the dog pile will also absorb most if not all of the energy of the detonation saving many more people.

Had the over a thousand concert attendees rushed and dog piled the terrorists last night, far fewer would have been killed or injured.

An AK-47 has a relatively slow rate of fire and depending on the size of the magazine used by the terrorists, they would have had to do as they did, change magazines to kill more people.
Rushing and dog-piling needs to be the response from now on when a large number of disarmed/unarmed people are confronted by armed terrorists.

We cannot lay down on the ground and let them execute us one by one, without regard to men, women, and even children.
Terrorists, whether they are religiously motivated or irrationally motivated, are barbarians and must be dealt with aggressively.
When no weapons of defense are available, dog-piling is the best and only answer to minimize the threat and outcomes.

CodyValkyrie
November 14th, 2015, 10:04
If they are dressed with a bomb vest, the dog pile will also absorb most if not all of the energy of the detonation saving many more people.
As a former Special Response Team member, expecting civilians to act in such a way is folly, and against the nature of humans under duress. We cannot, and should not expect, civilians to act like soldiers, and I for one believe this mentality delivers to these terrorists what they inherently desire.

Enjoy freedom friends, because this is why they resent us. This is the price we all pay for it sometimes. Do not let these cowards change us.

Vive la France. My heart goes out to my French brothers and sisters.

http://picturephilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bastille-day-french-flag.jpg

ce_zeta
November 14th, 2015, 10:16
This is absolutely correct.
I agree. We have armed good guys, they are called Police and Gendarmerie.
France: Police Nationale and National Gerdarmerie.
Spain: Policia Nacional and Guardia Civil.
Italy: Polizia di Stato and Carabinieri.
Germany: Polizei (Germany hasn't Gendarmerie).

jim
November 14th, 2015, 10:23
We're next

CodyValkyrie
November 14th, 2015, 10:27
We're next
You act like this is new? Have we so quickly forgotten 9/11, Oklahoma City, the U.S.S. Cole, the Marine barracks, and the thwarted attack in Texas recently? This isn't about who's next, or tit for tat, this is about *******s that exist worldwide under the guise of bull**** ideologies.

ColoKent
November 14th, 2015, 10:55
We're next

Not only are we "next", our ongoing refusal as a nation to acknowledge this threat and actively lead the world's response is contributing to it's growth (...being polite here). Make no mistake: This threat will have to be dealt with, degraded, and ultimately defeated if humanity is to remain free-- no matter what actions are required on our and our allies' part to eliminate the threat. The key issue we seem not to want to deal with as a nation is to commit to defining what "eliminate" means in this situation, and executing a comprehensive plan that achieves that objective. At what point that happens-- if ever-- remains to be seen. Meanwhile the future of the civilized world is at risk.

Kent

huub vink
November 14th, 2015, 11:13
Kent, this is the SOH, you know the rules here. Please keep (national) politics out of this thread.

You already crossed this line in the "My Heart and Deep Felt Prayers to Our Friends in France" thread, so please consider this as your final warning.

Huub

rich12545
November 14th, 2015, 11:30
I agree. We have armed good guys, they are called Police and Gendarmerie.
France: Police Nationale and National Gerdarmerie.
Spain: Policia Nacional and Guardia Civil.
Italy: Polizia di Stato and Carabinieri.
Germany: Polizei (Germany hasn't Gendarmerie).

This didn't seem to work very well. However, if only 10% of the people had conceal carry weapons, we'd be seeing totally different headlines. France is a liberal utopia with strict gun control laws and, as such, its citizens are sitting ducks when confronted by armed terrorists. With the latest surge from North Africa into Europe, we'll be seeing a lot more of this all over Europe in the near future.

Panther_99FS
November 14th, 2015, 11:34
Kent, this is the SOH, you know the rules here. Please keep (national) politics out of this thread.

Agreed 100%

aeronca1
November 14th, 2015, 11:41

Say what? Terrorists are criminals. Since when do criminals obey the law? YOU should check your statistics and not parrot the spurious ones put forward by people with a real agenda. Disarming a population creates a vulnerable population. Criminals and terrorists will ALWAYS be able to get guns.

Here in Canada, we have much more stringent gun control than you have south of the border. As a law abiding citizen, I have to jump through many hoops to legally purchase a firearm. A criminal can go to a certain area of town and with cash, purchase even prohibited firearms in less than an hour. There were few terrorists. If even a few people had been armed, maybe, just maybe some innocent lives would have been saved.

Value your Bill of Rights!!

Dev One
November 14th, 2015, 11:42
Condolences to all affected, & a speedy recovery to the injured.
But all in all its one reason I've become an agnostic, most wars being religionist as its base.
Keith

huub vink
November 14th, 2015, 11:45
Obviously this thread is not going the right way. So I feel forced to close it.

Sorry for those who just wanted to express their feeling towards the victims and their relatives.

Huub