PDA

View Full Version : Re-installing FSX Gold Edition

vmx12
November 7th, 2015, 14:47
Greetings,

I have seen threads on this topic, but most are fairly esoteric and this out of reach for the average simmer.

That said, I have removed/uninstalled all of my 3rd-party aircraft and am ready to uninstall the sim itself. Because I inserted three separate discs when installing the sim the first time, I would love a best practice sequence for uninstalling my Gold edition.

This will be my first uninstall since purchasing the sim three years ago, and I am doing so because some sound files appear to be corrupt and the sim feels a little sluggish, fps-wise.

Any simple step-by-step guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Darrin

rich12545
November 7th, 2015, 15:32
Go over to flight1 and get Nick's guide. It is absolutely the best.

Hdguy
November 7th, 2015, 23:38
On a Win 7 machine go to Programs n Features. Find FSX and uninstall. I think that removes it all. Then hunt all things related to FSX in app data and program files, and delete them.

Defragg and run a cleaner for Windows. I use CCleaner and Smart defragg. reboot and reinstall.

Daube
November 8th, 2015, 00:17
When uninstalling FSX Gold, which is in fact FSX+Acceleration, you simply need to go to the windows control panel and choose add/remove programs (or "programs and functionnalities").
Then in the list of programs, you should see Acceleration somewhere.
Once you remove it, FSX will appear in the list, and you can remove it as well.

Then you'll have to inspect the disks for any files left, as well as registry entries, as already mentioned above.

vmx12
November 8th, 2015, 03:12
Okay, thanks All!