PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Jafo's Demon Panel

expat
October 29th, 2015, 02:43
All works, except I cannot get the radar to show in the VC. 2d works fine. Have not messed with the panel.cfg. Really stumped.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88122-AS-F3H-Demon-2D-Panel&highlight=demon

Jafo
October 29th, 2015, 06:54
Just hopped out of the Tucano and into the Demon... here's the VC...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30771&stc=1

Just switched across and it was functioning....click on its center and the menu 'bar' opens.
I think I included an original **** for it....
...yes, I did ...it's Dietmar's ...and it's in a subfolder of the panel - /docs/generic radar VI...;)

lazarus
October 29th, 2015, 08:11
Oh! That's nice. Is the panel in the library, Jaffo. Infrequent looks in lately, I must have missed that. Off to look.
Edit: Yup, FSX panels. Nice job, Jaffo!

expat
October 29th, 2015, 08:36
Hi Paul, thanks for your response. Really admire and enjoy your work (have all your panel mods). This is a great add on. Tearing hair trying to track down where I went wrong. I have just done a full reinstall. 2D radar working, VC still is all black and no click spot to open the menu bar. Battery, avionics are all on.:banghead:

expat
October 29th, 2015, 08:50
panel.cfg entries:

//-------------------------------------------------------- RADAR
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$vpanel2
draw_order00=gauge00, gauge01 // Gauge Alphas
gauge00=F3Demon!Radarscreen_V1, 10,15,480,480
gauge01=F3Demon!Reflection, 15,20,470,470 // Alpha

Jafo
October 29th, 2015, 14:18
expat ...glad you like my panels....I enjoy messing with them...;)

With the VC you need to swap images in the texture folders....to get the VC to look like the 2D ....I'd need to check in reverse but that could be your issue...
Here's the entry in my readme...

A graphic, namely Voodoo_Pnl_C.bmp [for the C vers] and Voodoo_Pnl_R.bmp [for the RF vers] needs to be replaced in the appropriate 'texture.xx' folders which alter some details of the VC panel. Save the originals first in case you prefer to return to them instead. All they do is replace the 'main VC image' with the same photo as the 2D.

Other than that, you have me stumped...;)

expat
October 29th, 2015, 15:11
Thanks Paul. Think those textures are for your Phantom. For the Demon you provided two textures: CPit_pnl.dds and Radar.dds. I have copied these into the texture.shared folder as per the instructions. One other clue, my default Demon VC has never showed the AS default radar, only the 2d does. Same thing with your radar.

Jafo
October 29th, 2015, 15:26
Aargh..... total brain fade....am updating a system to Win 10 and discovering new and unusual reasons to want to strangle MS...

Demon, Paul...Demon...

You're right re the 2 images to add to 'shared'.

So now I'm lost. If the default also fails to show in the VC I can only imagine it's something more specific to your machine.

Maybe VC viewpoint?

Mine's...
[Views]
eyepoint=15.0, 0.00, 3.75

in aircraft.cfg.