PDA

View Full Version : CFS 2 Mission Builder Mega Pack Uploaded

Jagdflieger
January 31st, 2009, 23:29
I just uploaded a new mission building support pack for the mission builders amongst us.

It has 930 shots of the currently popular CFS 2 library objects including vehicles, tanks, buildings, ships and effects. It also contains many of the usable CFS 1 objects that are hidden away in CFS 2.

Most of the shots are mine, but I did lift a few from Arndt's previous CFS 1 info pack as well as several from the original object packs. They are all sized to the standard MS 290 X 246 dimension for info shots and they have been sharpened and brightened as necessary. An additional feature is that they also have a title on the shot for ease of ID when viewing them in the preview screen of the Mission Builder.

Along with the shots, I've included five airfield.dat files. Each one is specific to each WW II theater and contains just about all the airfields by Achim, Xavier, Maskrider and Pen32. That's close to a thousand airfields that are now organized by theater.

To enhance the info shots, I've cross referenced a mdlnames.dat file with all the info shots, so whenever you select an object from the drop down menu in the MB, you'll now be able to see a shot of it in the review window. The file is large and works with Windows XP well, but it might be too much for a system with Windows 98 on it. I've included instructions to get around that if it becomes a problem on older computers.

Many of you use my opareas.dat file that's been updated over the last few years and is still available here in the library. This pack contains the latest version of this file which includes a few more areas that are of interest.

This pack will obsolete my previous support packages.

I didn't include shots of LDW trees as Arndt has that well covered in a package available here in the library under his name.

I did include shots of Pen32's great new PTO buildings that should be available here today.

Blue Devil
February 1st, 2009, 00:10
Wow, ...

Thanks Jagd.

I just started installing the new scenery, ...and this will be a big help w/ the forthcoming missions.

Thanks again.

Pen32Win
February 1st, 2009, 00:36
:woot:

Been a busy weekend here, lots of new stuff waiting in the que. Ickie's gonna wonder what we've been drinkin' down here in bottom dweller land. CFS2, the energizer bunny of Sims.:jump:

Shessi
February 1st, 2009, 01:41
Thanks Jagd,

Will come in very useful! :applause:

Cheers Shessi

dvslats
February 1st, 2009, 02:10
Mission Builder Mega Pack, love the sound of that. Thanks Jagd! This along with previous opareas.dat files are a great addition.

Rami
February 1st, 2009, 03:13
Thank you so much! This will come in handy for many of us! :ernae:

Ghostrider
February 1st, 2009, 04:42
Nice, Jagd - will put that to good use!

GR

Maxstuka
February 1st, 2009, 07:29

Tango_Romeo
February 1st, 2009, 08:39
...high time that you did! :applause:

MAULET
February 1st, 2009, 09:30
Millions of thanks

Oglivie
February 1st, 2009, 10:32
Thanks Jagd! Even though I am a novice mission builder, I think it will be a great MB addon for me also!

I'm still working on the P-61 pack in my spare time, getting closer to finishing it.

Cheers,
O

P.S. Jagd or Rami, you should "stickey" this thread....:d

Jagdflieger
February 1st, 2009, 12:08
Thanks guys.

I'm interested in how that large mdlnames.dat file (45 KBs v. the stock 13.7KBs size) works in Windows 98 if any of you are still using that system. While I didn't like XP at first due to the long load up times of CFS 2 in comparison to 98, it is certainly more versitle in handling larger .dat files.

miamieagle
February 2nd, 2009, 06:01
Thank you Jag for your good work. This will surely help with the Mission Builder.:amen: