PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Richelieu?

jschall
October 24th, 2015, 04:29
I just noticed that the lower Richelieu River has vanished from my FSX:SE. The attached screenshots are from Beloeil towards the North and from Sorel looking South. All my addon scenery, including ORBX Global landclass and FTX airports are disabled - this is stock FSX:SE scenery.

Can anyone please see if your sim has the same missing Richelieu river? Do you have any suggestions how to get it back?

TIA.

RobM
October 24th, 2015, 07:38
No problems here. I was looking for a place to fly VFR this morning. Per REX, nice fall weather in Quebec, if a bit chilly. So I chose LHC's nice little Piper Tri-Pacer (hadn't flown it for awhile), took off from CYS3 Sorel, flew northeast a bit and hit the mouth of the Richelieu where it empties into the St Lawrence, admired Henrik Nielsen's AI freighters chugging up and down the St. Lawrence (just love that mod!), and then followed the river all the way south to Lake Champlain, landing at KFSO Franklin County State Regional in NY State on the shores of the lake. No anomalies noticed, and a very pleasant leisurely VFR flight.

Are you sure you have the right settings in FTX Central 2, with FTX Global active?

Thanks - Rob

PS: Sorry, one additional note: I'm using Box FSX+AccPack with Orbx OpenLC Canada-AK; I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

jschall
October 24th, 2015, 08:12
Thanks for the reply, @RobM.

In the screenshots, everything was disabled.

Now, with FTX Global North America active, no difference. The lower Richelieu has disappeared.

RobM
October 24th, 2015, 09:18
Are you sure you are looking in the right place for the river, or even at the actual river? It's quite small. The second picture where it seems to disappear seems to show the river as being far wider than anywhere I remember along the flight. What happens if you take off from one of the US airports around Lake Champlain and follow the river north? It's not a long flight, not even in the Piper Tri-pacer, only about an hour and a half.

Also, if you have Hybrid Mode ticked off in FTX Central 2, keep FTX Global active, but untick the Hybrid Mode (it's convenient, but can sometimes cause landscape anomalies, although they are usually very minor).

If the river is still not appearing, then I can only guess it's some kind of scenery stacking problem in your FSX scenery library, the river data is being overwritten by something else; are the OpenLC Canada-AK files still underneath the other Orbx files? Other than that, I'm not certain what more to suggest.

Thanks - Rob

jschall
October 24th, 2015, 11:48
@RobM:

Are you running FSX:SE?

I don't use Hybrid mode.

My OLC is just below my FTX stuff.

And whether or not ORBX is activated makes no difference. No lower Richelieu, no matter whether I fly from the North or the South.

Does anybody have any ideas?

jschall
October 26th, 2015, 07:09
I got the lower Richelieu back by applying Gilles Gauthier's corrections to FSX stock scenery:

http://www.jpfil.com/quebecfsx/relief.php

"Lacs, rivières, iles et littoraux du Québec"

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B9ExzT1VmLdpZWYyRW1mRUs2Q0U&authuser=0