PDA

View Full Version : Terrain from ETO 1.5 to CFS3

starbage1
October 21st, 2015, 20:50
Can someone tell me how to put the terrain from ETO 1.5 into the stock CFS3 game? Why do I want to do this and not play ETO, you ask? Well I have ETO 1.5 and just want to see how the stock game looks with it.

Pat Pattle
October 21st, 2015, 22:10
That's an easy one, copy the entire assets folder from ETO to cfs3.
For the water open the effects/fxtextures and look for the h2o files, you'll see which ones they are from the date. Backup the old ones first! :)

HouseHobbit
October 22nd, 2015, 21:52
Yes, very easily....And I have had installs of CFS3 with OFF, and BHAH scenery added. (Haven't messed with WOFF yet.)
ETO 1.50 scenery is what I have in my CFS3 advanced install right now.

I also moved over several other files, such as ACC_Airfields, ACC_Axis_airfields, objects, facilities, ships, vehicles..
And Guns, weapons, and pylons. To complete the change over.

Any CFS3 based expansion can be transferred into CFS3.
Just have to know which files to move..

starbage1
November 2nd, 2015, 22:54
I wish WOFF would have teamed up with ETO and worked on stock csf3 as much as they did on flanders field

rtoolooze
November 3rd, 2015, 18:43
I agree Starbage1

CA_Stary
January 28th, 2016, 08:30
I would willingly pay for WOFF Team's CFS3 engine update that gives some of the WOFF features:

-semi-random systems damages
-gun jams/unjams
-injury system visualization
-the WOFFs ubercool labels system stating given plane's current actions
-as above the "descent to x circle the field" instructions
-ability to watch other external models as the fight continues after player's death
-take offs and landings (but that has to do with the campaing engine outside of CFS3)

...among many a things WOFF v2 brings

edit:
I should add those are less engine updates and more wise expoits of unused/abandoned CFS3 features I think -seems WOFF missions are multiplayer ones in fact but I haven't spend much time digging into the way WOFF handles the CFS3 shell

plus of course Ankor's master shaders, but those I already transfered to my CFS3 installs

gecko
January 28th, 2016, 10:18
Me too. Perhaps if enough of us committed to buying it they might consider. Wouldn't be too much work for them I would think, mainly just repackaging portions of what they've already done.

CA_Stary
January 28th, 2016, 12:06
depends. Seems alot of the WOFF stuff, or more likely the backbone of how CFS3 actually works with WOFF is done via WOFF frontend sending custom missions to CFS3 engine for execution. But Yes I think making some sort of CFS3 enhancement package based on WOFF would sell, I am pretty sure about that

starbage1
January 28th, 2016, 23:10
depends. Seems alot of the WOFF stuff, or more likely the backbone of how CFS3 actually works with WOFF is done via WOFF frontend sending custom missions to CFS3 engine for execution. But Yes I think making some sort of CFS3 enhancement package based on WOFF would sell, I am pretty sure about that

would buy if it is a decent price range