PDA

View Full Version : No profile in list for fsx under nvidia inspector

limjack
October 20th, 2015, 19:10
Long story short....found out I was missing some settings in my Inspector ( 4x Sparce for my dx10 setup ) so I deleted inspector and re downloaded it. When I go to profiles and type in MS Flight Simulator X it is no longer in the drop down list. Every other type of flight sim is in there. What happened?

:dizzy: A bit frustrated and hope I'm just missing something
Jim

lownslo
October 20th, 2015, 20:03
Did you delete the associated xml and config files too? Can't see what else would cause the issue you describe... NI is pretty simple and doesn't even need to be installed.

Greg

limjack
October 20th, 2015, 20:39
I deleted the existing Nvidia inspector folder since it was missing certain settings (thought I had a bad download or something). this particular download did have the MS fsx profile. Then I downloaded a new zip of Nvidia Inspector and opened the new folder and ran the inspector from within the folder. following pictures is what I get now.

limjack
October 20th, 2015, 20:53
Trying s system restore right before I deleted inspector.

Jim

lownslo
October 20th, 2015, 20:54
Can understand your frustration... I notice you have CCleaner on your system, did you use it after deleting all NI files? Also, delete that NI desktop icon. Push come to shove, delete everything associated with NI, run CCLeaner, then reboot. FYI, my system shows the same files as your first pic, show it seems all is downloading properly.

Greg

ncooper
October 21st, 2015, 02:16
If system restore doesn't work, then re-install the driver.
You only get one chance with each profile.
This is the warning you see if you try to delete an
.exe file from its profile.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/21/Untitled.jpg

heywooood
October 21st, 2015, 03:32
You must keep all of the NI files together in one folder or it will not function properly.
The only cure is to delete all of the NI files you have - re download it - place all of those files in one folder - put that complete folder anywhere you like - and run the exe..once you have established that it works correctly you can make a shortcut for the desktop.

limjack
October 21st, 2015, 06:27
I did do this thinking another profile would be created so at least I know where the train derailed.
So when you say driver...the graphics card driver is what your referring too?

will be back later tonight as work calls.

thanks all for help

Jim

If system restore doesn't work, then re-install the driver.
You only get one chance with each profile.
This is the warning you see if you try to delete an
.exe file from its profile.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/21/Untitled.jpg

ncooper
October 21st, 2015, 07:23
Yes, the graphics card driver.
Re-installing that will restore all the profiles,
as the warning message says.

Daube
October 21st, 2015, 08:12
Does it mean the FSX profile is also missing from the regular NVidia Control Panel ?

limjack
October 21st, 2015, 19:27
The driver uninstall reinstall worked. Profile for fsx is listed in graphics card as well as inspector once again. So now back to setting this up for Steves dx10 fixer as per the manual.
Thank you all for digging me out of my hole and ncooper for showing me where I derailed.

Jim