PDA

View Full Version : My new FSX RENEGADES download site is up and ready

William
October 19th, 2015, 06:28
You guys may remember i mentioned i was making a website. Well it got put off for a while and the idea has morphed through a few different forms but now its ready. This site is meant to serve as a sanctuary for FSX downloads and there creators and users. It has a directory style download section with aircraft in there original zips (aside from renaming to a accurate to the planes make and model naming scheme) all checked to be of High Quality (No Toasterware or Shovelware here :) ). I also do a limited check to see if there are any obvious virus's although i do not scan them as most if not all the sites i scout out for the Diamonds in the Rough already scan there files. It also has a Free Form HTML/IRL Chatroom and MP3 download section (The legality of its use varys by country. Most cases if nothing else in browser listening is legal. And usually downloading is legal, but its your job to check based on your locale, not mine). The website is hosted on my main machine on a SATA-I 160GB HDD with a top speed of 10k RPMs/250MBs Read. The WAMP server is a Apache 2.4.9 PHP server with access to my CPU cores 3 and 4 of my 2.5GHZ Intel Core2Quad which normally are not in use by the OS. My upload is 100KB/s and this may vary well increase once Frontier Internet gets done with there infistructure upgrades my area is marked for. If the site picks up i may even purchase a dedicated server. This site will NEVER have download speed restrictions beside those that my connection impose, as thats the reason it exists, BS like 25KB/s for free users on some sites. The average ping in the US to my site is around 200 but ive tuned up that HDD and my server so you shouldnt experience any delays on the account of my hardware.

For developers or anyone else with concerns on the hosting of there files there is information in the Freeform Chat Room (it shows anything said before you arrived as well) that is accesible from the bottom of my homepage.
I also recommend everyone else read it. Note to anyone with file deletion requests i recommend you wait until next month to make those requests as im going to be adding more files til we have a library of at least 10GB of quality freeware aircraft and atleast 4GB of quality freeware airports. My callsign in the Chatroom is Blackhat and i ask anyone from here use the same handle as there account name here.

Always looking for suggestions for additions or improvements to the site or its code and of course if you know of any extra high quality stuff tell me about it.
Note: There a autoplaying MP3 on the main menu: Jet Airliner (LIVE) - The Steve Miller Band, i recommend you dont mute it until youve heard it, ultimate pilots song.

Regard, William/Blackhat
Moderatly Experienced Simulator Pilot, Computer Engineer and Coder and Whatever the hell i need to be the next day...

EDIT: Damn it how the hell did i forget the link? xD This is the address til i get something more permenant set up later
{link removed by admin}

falcon409
October 19th, 2015, 07:08
. . . . .and how do we find your site??

William
October 19th, 2015, 07:27
. . . . .and how do we find your site??

Refresh the page lol. I Added a link. Sorry about that

jschall
October 19th, 2015, 09:47
Thank you for setting up a nicely curated collection, William.

I am downloading one .zip file at the moment (13h30 EDT) at around 20 kB/s, with an average ping of 300ms.

William
October 19th, 2015, 11:00
Thank you for setting up a nicely curated collection, William.

I am downloading one .zip file at the moment (13h30 EDT) at around 20 kB/s, with an average ping of 300ms.

0.o what in the name of god? I'll look into it. Anyone else getting that slow speeds?

Dangerousdave26
October 19th, 2015, 12:57
The music files you are hosting are all copy written material.

I removed the link to your site.

Do not post it again as long as you are hosting those files.

Sim-Outhouse.com does not promote music or any other type of piracy.