PDA

View Full Version : Typos in ETO 1.50 Obsolete File Remover.bat

gamemaster406
October 10th, 2015, 21:31
There are some typos so the bat file does not run properly.

"aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds\BR_Engine_Napier_Sabre_2 4_cylinder_open_pit\Sound\sound"
does not exist

the actual path is

"aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds\BR_Engine_Napier_Sabre_2 4_cylinder_open_pit\BR_Engine_Napier_Sabre_24_cyli nder_open_pit\Sound"

"aircraft\W40_H75A3"
does not exist

the actual path is

"aircraft\w40_H75A3"

Also RMDIR /s /q "your\path" should be used instead of del /s /f /q "your\path\*.*" because del does NOT remove subdirectories. And since the subdirectories will be left behind, RMDIR will not remove them without /s. The way the current bat file is set up is that the directories will not be properly removed.
See here (http://www.computerhope.com/rmdirhlp.htm#xp)

Capt. Winters
October 10th, 2015, 23:41
Hi GM406,

thanks for the heads up, I just checked my install, the H75 aircraft has been removed, the upper - lower case "w" in the path name/folder does'nt effect the delete function. I tried this several times when making up the bat file.

I'm not sure about your napier engine sound structure. that was the structure in 1.2 but somewhere along the road, cant remember if it was ETO-3 or ETO-4 we fixed the double folder structure, and that is why its now only looking to remove the second sound folder from the single named pathway.

Your napier open air cockpit engine sound path should look like this.

\aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds\BR_Engine_Napier_Sabre_ 24_cylinder_open_pit\Sound
with all lose files inside the sound folder.

thanks again for the heads up, and the clarification of the way to get rid of sub directories correctly I will use that for the next update.

regards Rob.

gamemaster406
October 11th, 2015, 19:28
Hm, that is a bit odd I did a fresh install of ETO and the napier directory was like that...something must have messed up for me along the way. I think I will give ETO a reinstall and see what happens with that.

Edit: After reinstalling ETO the napier path still doubled up, so I'm not too sure what is going on there.