PDA

View Full Version : Something keeps changing my game config

starbage1
October 8th, 2015, 08:18
Something keeps changing my config.exe for CFS3 and ETO 1.5.

I have the settings save in drop down and then exit then a couple days later it reverts back or stuff is changed in it and I have to setup config again, what is causing this and what can prevent this? Will checking read only prevent this from changing?

grizzly50
October 8th, 2015, 09:53
Something keeps changing my config.exe for CFS3 and ETO 1.5.

I have the settings save in drop down and then exit then a couple days later it reverts back or stuff is changed in it and I have to setup config again, what is causing this and what can prevent this? Will checking read only prevent this from changing?

starbage1,

It's simple.

Set your cfs3config.exe.

Then, DO NOT exit by the "X" button in upper right-hand corner, simply click the "File" button and then choose "Exit" from the menu.

Hope this helps.

:D

starbage1
October 8th, 2015, 10:16
I've been doing that by that same exact method, yet settings change, could be hours or days but they end up changing. Now I remember that it could have been from the nvidia driver update. The driver updates change it somehow.

Daiwilletti
October 8th, 2015, 13:48
Once you have a setup you like, make the configoverrides file "read only". You will need to remember that later on if/when you want to make changes again.

starbage1
October 8th, 2015, 14:09
checked thanks man. It seems the config sets up a profile on your graphics driver version, if version changes or driver gets updated then it looses config settings. Problem solved.

wiekniera
October 8th, 2015, 18:34
remember to uncheck those configoverrides.xml from read to none when you change theater or it will mess your scenery (it makes you just loading the correct banner of time theatre you choose but not the scenery mission etc) , if you don't want it's change, it's simple just don't click or change value when you in gameoption..never touch it, if you click let say you turn off "reflections" in game option, then all value in config will change
so that's the way i keep my manual value in the configoverrides setup..that's my experience

Old Tiger
October 11th, 2015, 04:35
:dizzy:
I'm getten this whenever I run BOB configexe,Don't get it in any other CFS3 sims.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29994&stc=1

starbage1
October 11th, 2015, 10:25
^ now that looks like a read-only error, something isn't able to write to the file or save properly. Why is it a bad thing to remove read-only from all the game's folders anyways?

check how far away UAC Vista stuff is from when the game on xp was released in 2002. I thought about unchecking read-only from my campaign saves located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 to see if that helps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Microsoft_Windows

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Microsoft_Windows)