PDA

View Full Version : space flight test pilots

lazarus
September 22nd, 2015, 14:03
Works done, editors stupidly sent the cheque:biggrin-new:, typhoon season kinda precludes serious, non life threatening surfing or fishing, so time for some other...fun?
Permissions pending, maybe; dunno if Piglet will reply or not, but had to try, this goes a wee bit past a repaint, time will tell.
Flight testing required, though, as long as you don't mind picking up a few grey's of radiation...if you want children, leave your happy sack on the ground.
PM if interested in reducing your lighting bill...F1 flyback and droptanks integrated with Rob's space gauge O.O.B. Three versions in the can; heavyweight flyback and droptanks, lightweight flyback stage only, suborbital HTOAL with droptanks only.
29319293202932129322293232932429325293262932729328 29329

delta_lima
September 22nd, 2015, 15:06
Hey Laz - was just thinking of you the other day, in light of your great carrier and sub addons.

Will be watching this very carefully - love what you're doing. With the recent FSX Cape Canaveral project (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?95295-1962-1964-Cape-Canaveral-an-FSX-first!) the timeliness of this couldn't be better.

I've always wondered if there wasn't a way to launch the Xtreme prototypes X-15delta vertically somehow ... wondering if a piggyback onto your tank model could be possible ...

Anyway - stoked to see what you come up with!

dl

Bjoern
September 23rd, 2015, 02:37
I'm intrigued. Even more so by the "Blue Gemini"/MOL objects in space.

To quote Grease: "Tell me more"!

expat
September 23rd, 2015, 02:43
This is very welcome!!

lazarus
September 23rd, 2015, 07:35
If somebody on better terms with gmax or the 'real' modelling proggies wants to hack out a Gemini VC, I've got the basic externals for a Titan/Gemini in the can.
The ballistic re-entry/ tail sitting landing still elude me, however. I've been nuking E division, Ottawa and Moscow (no real difference there, except lat/long...) with a Titan II ICBM from time to time in the sim, :a1310: and trying some ass-first solutions on a rough Boeing heavy SSTO, the LEO studies from '79. No satisfactory answers yet for ballistic re-entry/tail sitting, particularly afloat. While I'm almost on speaking terms with FSDS- I only had to shoot/hack or beat a couple of laptops to death to get into a mere discomfort zone with that mungulus of misfeatures- I loath trying to model anything on that, and only use it for animations, still use skup for modeling. GMAX and blender...gah! We are all damned lucky other sciences do not work the way 'computer science' works, otherwise, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization! (like this. three saves for a simple message and the tumpok ng tae keeps tossing it out! Bah!)
First things first, Hope Tim reads his email. Been previously granted a fairly broad swath vis permissions...but...Some folks, I actually do not care to annoy.
A few. One or two...
DL, haven't bought the X-15 SE. The 'FSX' A2/3, which was a fs9 port! and the frame rate death on the 'native' 65 billion drawcall lear put me right off Xtreme, for now. If its a native model, yeah, sure, locate, scale and merge with MDLX. But. Will it compile? and will MDLX turn a few mb into zillions of mb's. A Saturn IB was the preferred launcher for the orbital versions, I believe. And, as it happens, I hacked out a S-IB booster stack, though the trans-stage and adaptor would need re-modelling to fit, those were made for an X-24C test body.

Edit...http://www.fspilotshop.com/rdj-simulations-fly-the-moon-for-fsx-p-5833.html
Hmm. Interesting...Hope the freeware folks (Rob) are collecting a royalty...unless they've got a different spaceflight solution.

Bjoern
September 23rd, 2015, 08:41
If somebody on better terms with gmax or the 'real' modelling proggies wants to hack out a Gemini VC, I've got the basic externals for a Titan/Gemini in the can.

Too much work for a simulator that does not provide any notable spaceflight capability out of the box.

If you're really, really desperate for one, ask the folks at Kerbal Space Program if you can use their (add-on) pits. They have an accurate and a simplified version of the Gusmobile, both of which were made in Blender. So conversion should be fairly straightforward.