PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim B52 useable in FSX SE?

747jet
September 21st, 2015, 14:39
Hello,

can someone tell me if the B52 is working/ installable in fsx steam? I am thinking about buying it but there is no official statement about this.

Regards
Mark

IanHenry
September 22nd, 2015, 09:30
Hi Mark,
I've just installed the B-52 into FSX-SE and done a quick test and everything looks ok to me.

Ian

747jet
September 22nd, 2015, 10:37
Hi Henry,

ty for answering. The plane is 5 years old, so is it still worth the money?
I bought the L1011 from CS and for me this is one of the best planes I ever had for fs.
On the oder side I bought the 757 in 2006 for fs9 and it was a piece of crap :-P

Mark

IanHenry
September 22nd, 2015, 12:07
Well, Mark,it's not one of my favorites, the modeling's very good but I'm not sure if the flight dynamics are correct, but of course I've never flown a real B-52!
Also you only get one paint scheme so you will need to download some more, there are some excellent ones available.
To sum up, it all depends how much you want a B-52, I'm more of a fighter person myself, butif that's your thing, it's not bad at all.

Ian

flibinite
September 22nd, 2015, 16:30
Well, Mark,it's not one of my favorites, the modeling's very good but I'm not sure if the flight dynamics are correct, but of course I've never flown a real B-52!
Also you only get one paint scheme so you will need to download some more, there are some excellent ones available.
To sum up, it all depends how much you want a B-52, I'm more of a fighter person myself, butif that's your thing, it's not bad at all.

Ian

+1. There's a mod on the CS forums to depower the aircraft, which helps. Systems are basic. VC is not bad at all. Plenty of quality repaints out there. You'll need to be selective about which airports you fly to, she's quite wide. I'd wait a few months for the annual CS Christmas sale and pick it up for $15 or so; at that price you won't go wrong

b52bob
September 23rd, 2015, 07:34
As you can imagine, I bought this when first released.

flight dynamics aside, it is quite well done and worth the price. Just wish there were more models (D, G, etc). The repaints are nice.

Since I belive that capt. sim is a Russian company, how come no Bear? we need a good one,

747jet
September 23rd, 2015, 11:30
Hi,

I also bought it. This thing would be nice if I would not loose my engines all the time during flight.
The manual does not say anything.
Even if I switch all pumps on, it does not work

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29345&stc=1
Can someone explain how the fuel management works?