PDA

View Full Version : Large Hanger WIP

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 05:51
I caved in to the scenery object demon again....This a WIP of a large hanger. And I mean a really LARGE hanger. It is based on the dimensions of a C-5A airplane. Just look at how small the staircases on the side of it look.

And before anyone replies to this thread to ask if there are plans for an open door version, THE ANSWER IS NO. As it's not finished yet, I don't know when I'll get around to uploading it.

RD

falcon409
September 19th, 2015, 06:18
Just knockin' em' out there RD. Nice job.

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 06:34
Just knockin' em' out there RD. Nice job.

Thanks. I don't really like the way that monster looks but it is scaled to house a C-5A/B. That baby is approximately 248 feet x 223 feet and 69 feet at the top of the tail. I believe someone is thinking of enhancing Robbins or Dobbins AFB. I may swap the roof out for a gable type. That may change the visual effect of it somewhat.

Big airplane is an understatement. Heck! You could probably get :running: two or three C-130s in there. Four or six if you stacked them on top of each other..:triumphant:.. If I remember correctly the C-5 is crewed by two (2) loadmasters. I wonder if they ever see each other on a mission :biggrin-new: .

RD

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 06:42
.....also with different siding. Comments?

RD

Dutcheeseblend
September 19th, 2015, 06:57
Hey RD, nice work, but you might consider to remove the watermark on the front textures ;-)

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 07:05
Hey RD, nice work, but you might consider to remove the watermark on the front textures ;-)

And take away the hangar's unique character? :biggrin-new:

RD

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 07:18
No more :pop4: watermarks on the doors. Thanks for the comment dutchcheeseblend.

RD

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 11:07
This hanger will not be uploaded. Model Converter X would not :banghead: compile it. I tried unsuccessfully twice. Since I wasn't building this hanger for my own personal use, I'm abandoning it.

RD

Dutcheeseblend
September 19th, 2015, 11:22
Sad thing RD, but don't feel too embarrassed... It might be the size?

falcon409
September 19th, 2015, 11:27
This hanger will not be uploaded. Model Converter X would not :banghead: compile it. I tried unsuccessfully twice. Since I wasn't building this hanger for my own personal use, I'm abandoning it.
RD
That's interesting RD because MCX wouldn't compile the 301st hangar I was doing either. I think mine was due to the overall file size and texture sizes. Even after resizing the textures they still totaled over 80meg by themselves. It was the "drawcall minimizer" that would lock up. I started going back to Sketchup and deleting things. By the time I got it to work I had deleted the entire interior of the hangar and it was still too high on drawcalls to really use (19). So as great as it looked, it was useless for a scenery object.

DaveB
September 19th, 2015, 11:49
This might be an obvious question but have you got the latest MCX development version? Drawcall minimizer locked up for me whatever I looked at until I got the latest version.

ATB
DaveB:)

falcon409
September 19th, 2015, 12:16
This might be an obvious question but have you got the latest MCX development version? Drawcall minimizer locked up for me whatever I looked at until I got the latest version.
ATB
I assume so Dave. . .I don't get a reminder of a new version when I load MCX, but I also haven't checked the site to see if anything has changed yet either. Still, when the textures get to a file size larger than some addon airplanes, lol. . .time to quit, lol

DaveB
September 19th, 2015, 12:32
It's a funny old program Ed. I didn't get notifications for ages when at one time.. I got one every week! I loaded the latest dev version and immediately.. I got a notification on a weekly basis. That said.. the last time I loaded it, I'd got SpyHunter running. This asked if I trusted MCX then it let it run. I've not had a new ver notification since:banghead: Anyway.. the latest ver DID fix the drawcall minimizer lockup (for me) so it may be worth a try;)
ATB

rdaniell
September 19th, 2015, 12:38
I have a new version. It doesn't lock up on the draw call minimizer. It simply will not complete the compilation from .dae to .bgl format. I checked the log both times and got the same message. "failure to write completed job" or something like that. I've had this to happen on some of my other SketchUp projects. When this happens, I simply abandoned the project. And seeing as how this hangar was not one that I ever intended to use in any of my projects, it's not a big deal to me.

RD