PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Captain Sim L-1011 INS

martin88
September 17th, 2015, 10:34
Hi guys,

I kind a like this bird, but I am too stupid to get the plane on nav course. Tried youtube tutorial and CS Forum, the plane holds course but not the course I want.
I did the following:
Alinging INS, then load a default FSX flight plan into it. For practice I tried an easy route: KMIA direct to KATL. It does not want to work. The plane flies over the purple line and does not turn onto it.

Anybody here who can explain it? I would be very thankful!

Martin

Ikewe
September 17th, 2015, 17:19
As per tutorial, you load a flightplan and on the INS 2D sub-panel; press the small button that turns green loading the plan.
Then, on the right side of the autopilot panel, there is knob with three positions: VOR, FMS and ONS (Omega Navigation System). For the INS you turn it to FMS.

Then the INS data is fed to the control surfaces via Heading Mode.

Hope it helps! Great aircraft

martin88
September 18th, 2015, 07:17
Yes it worked I entered the coordinates wrong. I did not know that I need one ore more 0s in front of the first number in the 2nd field
Ya it looks like a nice aircraft, it has some small bugs. The autopilot has problems with alt hold an AT is a bit hectic. I could fix the alt problem a bit but it is still there.
Unfortunately captain sim support is not good. You do not get an answer or have to wait long and the forum is dusty.
But I am sure the L1011 is one of the best tri jets for fsx. No comparison to the CLS DC10 which is just bad unfortunately