PDA

View Full Version : Steam edition of the Aerosoft F-16 has no liveries?

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2015, 12:09
Only standard generic liveries without nationality markings! What is this?

:dizzy:

Cees

DaveWG
September 13th, 2015, 12:31
Yep, that's correct. Look here:http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95246-f-16-fighting-falcon-steam-edition-missing-liveries/
(http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95246-f-16-fighting-falcon-steam-edition-missing-liveries/)
edit:not sure if the addition liveries were ever released as I can't see them anywhere.

edit no.2. Found them here: http://mirror-eu.aerosoft.com/fsx-steam-edition/

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2015, 13:24
Well, this comes down to work instead of play. :a1089: What utter nonsense this. Thanks for the information Dave. I wish Dovetail was a bit more clear about this.:pop4: I would have thought twice before buying this one.

Cees

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 13:41
Did you see DaveG's second edit showing a link to the missing textures Cees?? All is not lost;)

ATB
DaveB:)

flaviossa
September 13th, 2015, 14:06
Thanks for the link, i got it too. But careful...
The installer is a lot confusing. It did something and now all the F16 vanished from my list. I think itīs has something to do the way DLCīs are handled inside FSX-SE. They are outside the usual places. Like the Aerosoft F16 is outside Simobjects common place.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/13/Clipboard02.jpg

Well, letīs start the examination and see what i have to do to make it work again .... :dizzy:

flaviossa
September 13th, 2015, 14:19
I have already contected DTG before this. Their DLC system is a complete mess. ALL the DLCīs i bought (3 scenerys and 1 plane), all of them did not work after instalation. I had to correct many things to it shows inside FSX. A complete mess. If you donīt want headaches buy your addons the old fashion way.

flaviossa
September 13th, 2015, 16:31
So here is the deal to everyone install this doomed livery package:

Sorry, i thought that only dealing with th mdl files, it would work, but apparently not.
The best way is open the paint package in another folder and copy the repaints you want.

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2015, 20:33
The liverypatch worked on my system, but that's the the first and last time I bought an addon via steam/dovetail!

:173go1:

Cees

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2015, 20:36
Did you see DaveG's second edit showing a link to the missing textures Cees?? All is not lost;)

ATB
DaveB:)

I saw it, but I tracked it down myself before that via the Aerosoft forums. Thanks Dave.

:encouragement:

Cees

Cees Donker
September 19th, 2015, 14:24
Correction: I have the same flaw: visual model could not be displayed................

What a bummer this ****-addon by steam/aerosoft! I deleted it. Let's see if I can get my money back! My request for a refund is pending for approval. We'll see.

:rocket::rocket:

Cees

rezn550
September 19th, 2015, 16:05
slightly off topic but didnt want to start another thread about this

do somebody know if there is a dark grey f16 livery out there ?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/11713862524_90a0dabcd0_b.jpg

Cees Donker
September 19th, 2015, 22:58
Correction: I have the same flaw: visual model could not be displayed................

What a bummer this ****-addon by steam/aerosoft! I deleted it. Let's see if I can get my money back! My request for a refund is pending for approval. We'll see.

:rocket::rocket:

Cees

Well, they said I've been 'flying' the addon too long to be eligible for a refund! Flying? I've been working to get this trash-addon to work!

Cees

flaviossa
September 20th, 2015, 04:21
Cees Donker, now that you have to live with it, i have a workaround to make the f16 work with the paints if you want. It is a lot of work, but in the end, the F16 will work as planned:

- Go to Steam, select FSX-SE in the list in the left.
- In the right side will show the FSX Steam info page. Go down a bit and you will see a list of installed DLCīs you have. Uncheck the F16 and wait Steam uninstall it.
- Close Steam, open again and do the oposite now: select fsx-se, go to the info page and check again f16 dlc. This will reinstall a completely fresh copy of the f16 (Without the paints of course)
- Download the paint package from Aerosoft site and install it (Atention!! Install it to a different folder! Like c:\tempf16)
- Now, comes the trick part, the comparison:
- Open two windows explorer navigators and put on 1) The correct DLC place -- xxx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\343953\SimObje cts\Airplanes
2) The repaint folder -- c:\tempf16\SimObjects\Airplanes
- You have to go one by one and move all the MODEL (MDL) folders from 2 to 1 that is not already in 1.
- You have to move ALL the paints folders from 2 to 1 that you want installed
- You have to move the two complete aircraft folders that are not in 1. For example: "Aerosoft F-16A Flight Test" has to be moved completely from 2 to 1
- You have to open each cfg from each folder and create the [fltsim.xxx] for the new repaints in 1
- You have to go inside the panel folder for ALL the planes and change ththe parameter wavdir to this: wavdir=DLC\343953\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16AM Display\sound\Aerosoft_Sound_System
- Make sure that inside 1\Aerosoft F-16AM Display\sound there is a folder with 32 wav files called "Aerosoft_Sound_System"

And thatīs it, your F16 will fly well with all the repaints. I know, itīs A LOT of work, but it was the only way i found to make it work with the new paints.
I already made the changes but i canīt share the reworked cfgīs in here because itīs a payware product, but if you have any problem, drop a pm and i will help you if you want. :encouragement:

Cees Donker
September 20th, 2015, 05:13
Thanks flaviossa.

I have several other arrows on my bow the convince these people that I'm in my right. For now I dropped a complaint at PayPal. Furthermore, it is within my power to give them bad publicity on Facebook, avsim, flightsim and simviation. I will do so if my point is not taken. It's no longer the euros, it's the principle.

Cees

Cees Donker
September 20th, 2015, 10:34
Avsim...................check!
Flightsim.com......check!
Steam forum.......check!
Facebook............check!

:redfire::redfire:

Cees