PDA

View Full Version : Help with multi cfs3 tool

sixstrings5859
September 13th, 2015, 11:30
Does the multi install tool work with Win 7 32bit ? Tried to use it and now my install won't work at all. Have used it on XP a lot and never had a problem. Is there something i'm missing ?

italflyer
September 13th, 2015, 12:52
Run it as admin, set compatibility to "XP SP3"

sixstrings5859
September 14th, 2015, 02:57
Run the installer that way ? Darn, i just deleted the whole install.:banghead: Time to start over and see if i can't get the muli-CFS3 tool to work.

sixstrings5859
September 14th, 2015, 12:26
Made a fresh install of CFS3(updated) with Firepower added. Running Win7 32bit. Tried using the cfs3-multi tool and now CFS3 crashes on start up. Tried to reverse this but had to uninstall again.:banghead::censored: Installed CFS3 correctly as instructed and tested. It was working fine till i tried to run tool. Went to properties in the multi-tool and set to run in XP and admin. before running. Am i missing something ? Please help......thanks :dizzy:

Daiwilletti
September 14th, 2015, 13:38
Made a fresh install of CFS3(updated) with Firepower added. Running Win7 32bit. Tried using the cfs3-multi tool and now CFS3 crashes on start up.

Hi sixstrings, can you provide more info please? When you say "tried using cfs3 multi", what happened? did it open up the window where you can check what name the install will have, and edit the name if necessary? You shouldn't have to keep uninstalling, not necessary. At the most just get rid of the AppData files from the specific install.

What might be happening if the multi tool is not doing its thing for one reason or another, is that when you try and run the new install it refers to all the AppData files from the original install then you get a snafu. Important to get the right folders set up in AppData and My Docs (which is what the muticfs3 tool does). Then if the install gets wobbly, just delete the AppData files and run multicfs3 and run cfsconfig too.

Anyway take the time to set out step by step what happens it will help us to help you.

:wavey:

D

italflyer
September 14th, 2015, 23:52
Made a fresh install of CFS3(updated) with Firepower added. Running Win7 32bit. Tried using the cfs3-multi tool and now CFS3 crashes on start up. Tried to reverse this but had to uninstall again.:banghead::censored: Installed CFS3 correctly as instructed and tested. It was working fine till i tried to run tool. Went to properties in the multi-tool and set to run in XP and admin. before running. Am i missing something ? Please help......thanks :dizzy:

Be sure to set CFS3 to XP and run as admin too! Same goes for the CFS3config.exe, whitch has to be run before you start CFS3.

MajorMagee
September 15th, 2015, 03:23
The MultiCFS3.exe file needs to be placed in the root level of each CFS3 install you're trying to set up, the same as cfs3config.exe . The multi tool also needs the name to be exactly 27 characters (including spaces) long, and it must be unique on that computer. I've found that it has a problem forgetting the last attempt if you try to reuse a name when you run a copy of MultiCFS3.exe for a second time from any given file location.

sixstrings5859
September 15th, 2015, 11:45
Thanks guys....Found that i was skipping a step. Got it working . Been away from CFS3 awhile and thought i knew what to do.:dizzy: