PDA

View Full Version : Boeing C-97 V03 Complete package

mjahn
September 11th, 2015, 08:54
These six versions of the Boeing C-97 Stratofreighter/Stratotanker should now be available as a complete package (131 MB!) in the Warbirds Library. Two of them, easily spotted, are new.

Cheers, Manfred

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/boeingc97_03-02.jpg

delta_lima
September 11th, 2015, 08:56
Awesome Manfred - your masterpiece!!

thanks for this whole family of '97s. Great work.

cheers,

dl

CanadaKen
September 11th, 2015, 09:04
I don't see it in Military Prop....not as a single V3 package????

Ken

icycle
September 11th, 2015, 09:08
Must be still in queue for upload?

Many thanks for this entire "family" of C-97's. They have seen many great destinations in my FS World, and with the new models will continue to be a favorite... BRAVO!!

Bill

DaveB
September 11th, 2015, 09:13
Cheers Manfred, Bill and team:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

ryanbatc
September 11th, 2015, 09:25
Thank you so much for your contributions!

NAVY DOC
September 11th, 2015, 09:25
Thank you for all your work.

Doc:applause:

jankees
September 11th, 2015, 09:26
outstanding!
Thank you so much!

tommieboy
September 11th, 2015, 10:20
Another big THANK YOU to all of the members of this project for such an outstanding product!

Tommy

Aharon
September 11th, 2015, 10:37
Thanks a zillion for your great contributions to mankind!!

One question: are the liveries interexchangable between props and KC-97L?

Regards,

Aharon

fuzz1
September 11th, 2015, 11:49
Unbelievably classy work. Thanks Manfred and team.

usafvet
September 11th, 2015, 13:59
Thank you so very much!!!!!

Roger
September 11th, 2015, 14:43
Without doubt Manfred Jahn is a global Flightsim treasure:applause:

Sundog
September 11th, 2015, 15:15
Thanks MJ! They look great. :)

harrybasset
September 11th, 2015, 22:31
I'm looking in the Warbirds Library, FSX Military Props and V03 is not there, how has everyone else downloaded this?

Geomitrak
September 11th, 2015, 22:45
Many thanks to Manfred and all the team involved in this project. Very well done.

mjahn
September 11th, 2015, 22:59
Edit: Do NOT download now -- it's a freakin' mess!

Yes, most textures should be freely interchangeable, except when you have special appendages like additional tanks, jets etc. but patching them should be no problem for a repainter.

I polished up the old textures a little, they are brighter now and have a bit more metallic shine on them.

Here is another pic of the new Angel, showing a tailskid deployed, a B-29/50 legacy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/boeingc97_03.jpg

DaveB
September 12th, 2015, 00:17
Hi Manfred:wavey:

It's still not showing in the library but I got it from your link:encouragement:

While adding a couple of addon paints.. I noticed the last paint in the download has 2 entries.. fltsim.6 followed by fltsim.0... this for USAF 0-20879 ;) Cfg suitably amended .
ATB

mjahn
September 12th, 2015, 01:16
You are right Dave, there is a serious mixup, I'll withdraw the file and try again.

Terribly sorry about this.

Folks, don't donwload now until I give the go ahead.

Roger, sent you a PM, could you remove the file from the library. I'll re-upload when I have got it sorted.

Roger
September 12th, 2015, 03:45
You are right Dave, there is a serious mixup, I'll withdraw the file and try again.

Terribly sorry about this.

Folks, don't donwload now until I give the go ahead.

Roger, sent you a PM, could you remove the file from the library. I'll re-upload when I have got it sorted.

Manfred, I've sent your request to Rami our librarian.

DaveB
September 12th, 2015, 03:52
It doesn't look too drastic Manfred. AFAICS.. paint 30123 referenced in the cfg (KCL Base) is missing. 20879 is referenced to the L model and I've just flown that Culdrose-Upper Heyford. Everything worked as expected.. jets, engines, avionics, AP, lights/boom/doors e t c.;)

ATB

WND
September 12th, 2015, 04:27
It doesn't look too drastic Manfred. AFAICS.. paint 30123 referenced in the cfg (KCL Base) is missing. 20879 is referenced to the L model and I've just flown that Culdrose-Upper Heyford. Everything worked as expected.. jets, engines, avionics, AP, lights/boom/doors e t c.;)

ATB

You are correct Dave HOWEVER it was a mess to the 'Manfred standards' !!

I actually have a 'quick fix' for those that have downloaded it already - if interested..

Bill

DaveB
September 12th, 2015, 04:57
hahahahaha.. it's the curse of 'release' that does it Bill. Left as Beta's.. everything is there:biggrin-new:

Very impressive as always. I'm particularly pleased to see the L.. not because I want to fly with jet help but because many (the majority) of pics of C97's in the UK show L's and it's nice to have that connection.;)

ATB

mjahn
September 12th, 2015, 07:00
Thanks Roger and Rami for pulling the blasted file.

I have re-uploaded a hopefully better version, and it could be up any time now. Look out for it under the New items.

For those 50 or so users who already downloaded the earlier version and can't make it work my advice is throw it away and re-download. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Manfred

DaveB
September 12th, 2015, 07:20
The first download works just fine Manfred. Is the 30123 KC'L' paint listed in the original a requirement or was that superseded by 20879? There's no picture showing 30123 above so I presume 20879 took it's place:)

ATB

flaviossa
September 12th, 2015, 08:10
Thanks again Manfred and staff! Very kind of you the release of this nice plane!

Flamingo Airport in the 60's
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/12/2015-9-12_12-53-0-456.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/12/2015-9-12_12-55-17-244.jpg

Donīt know if was said before, but two little feedback. I canīt see the wing from VC
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/12/2015-9-12_12-59-5-685.jpg

After takeoff part of the wing dissapear from wing view. In the ground they are ok
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/12/2015-9-12_13-2-23-530.jpg

Thanks again!

mjahn
September 12th, 2015, 08:17
That's right, Dave, 30123 was my L 'prototype' that got replaced by 20879. But there were other errors in the aircraft.cfg, as noted here, the Effects shouldn't come as a subfolder of the aircraft folder, and there was a pointless root folder without a readme, and and and ... I really don't know how all of that could have slipped through. Ah well ....

Flaviossa, yes, this has been reported before, the wingviews haven't actually been included in the interior model, so that's why they aren't there or appear clipped as in your screenshot. It's all still WIP I am afraid.

flaviossa
September 12th, 2015, 08:27
No problem! Thanks for the explanation :encouragement:

Roger
September 12th, 2015, 10:14
Got the new download and added the previous repaints. All is good and it's just a superb package...love those Tufun sounds too!

DaveB
September 12th, 2015, 10:19
Yup.. so we're all on the same page.. I've downloaded the model again too:encouragement:

ATB

TuFun
September 12th, 2015, 20:40
MJ KC-97L v3.0
France VFR Photo HD Corsica with autogen
ASN for weather with HDE v2.0 sky/clouds for FSX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swCnIHY88kA

BendyFlyer
September 12th, 2015, 22:39
Thanks and well done. No issues with performance or systems as provided. I still get the same problem as Falviossa re wing views but the timely response from MJ is noted. Is it me or has there been an improvement in the VC textures, they seem a lot better especially in shifting light conditions.

Still trying to work out why I get the severe nose pitch up and tail slide when the aircraft stalls with no flaps. No amount of power or forward elevator will correct the stalled configuration. Aerodynamic theory suggests that the collapse of the lift envelope on the wing should lead to a pitch forward unless the aircraft is swept wing or has a T Tail, fascinating - off to experiment some more.

mjahn
September 13th, 2015, 00:35
Brilliant video, Ted. Makes my day, as always ... love the t/o with four turning and two burning, the camera angles, the throaty sound, and the gorgeous scenery and haze.

Manfred

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 01:32
Yup.. worked for me too Ted:encouragement:

Bendy.. I had this happen yesterday. I'd changed the alt from 5K to 8K then went to make a cuppa. Came back to see the nose starting to pitch up and that I was approaching 100kts!! Caught me by surprise but on reflection.. it was probably my fault. I'd not increased power to take the climb into account.. presuming I had enough airspeed on to cope with the models default V/S. Thereby hangs the problem. Under AP.. the model tried to make it to the defined altitude and as airspeed decayed.. pitch increased to try and achieve it causing a stall. As it happens.. I was able to recover but I did have a worried crew:biggrin-new:

The default flightplanner in FS9 (and probably FSX) will cause this to happen too.. seen it loads of times. FSNavigator for FS9 is the only prog I've ever used where this doesn't happen. If it noticed airspeed decaying too much.. it would adjust the V/S accordingly. Of course.. this was flying a predetermined plan. The same will happen if a V/S is too high and you're just dossing around unless some sort of stickshaker and recovery gauge isn't programmed.

Rule 1.. never leave the flight deck unattended to go and make coffee!!
ATB

WND
September 13th, 2015, 02:35
Yup.. worked for me too Ted:encouragement:

Bendy.. I had this happen yesterday. I'd changed the alt from 5K to 8K then went to make a cuppa. Came back to see the nose starting to pitch up and that I was approaching 100kts!! Caught me by surprise but on reflection.. it was probably my fault. I'd not increased power to take the climb into account.. presuming I had enough airspeed on to cope with the models default V/S. Thereby hangs the problem. Under AP.. the model tried to make it to the defined altitude and as airspeed decayed.. pitch increased to try and achieve it causing a stall. As it happens.. I was able to recover but I did have a worried crew:biggrin-new:

The default flightplanner in FS9 (and probably FSX) will cause this to happen too.. seen it loads of times. FSNavigator for FS9 is the only prog I've ever used where this doesn't happen. If it noticed airspeed decaying too much.. it would adjust the V/S accordingly. Of course.. this was flying a predetermined plan. The same will happen if a V/S is too high and you're just dossing around unless some sort of stickshaker and recovery gauge isn't programmed.

Rule 1.. never leave the flight deck unattended to go and make coffee!!
ATB

Hey Dave - if your taking 'long cruises', try flying with your 'auto throttle' engaged. Another words, activate it (when activated it will recognize the current speed) / set your 'cruise speed' and then if you change altitudes it will automatically compensate to maintain the speed..

Just DON"T forget to 'de-activate' it for landing and if your flying the "L" - before you engage the 'jets' !!

Bill

morpheusfz
September 13th, 2015, 02:43
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29021&stc=1

dougal
September 13th, 2015, 02:51
After so many other 'thank you's' it seems silly to put yet another, but thank you very much Mafred and team for such an amazing creation. It's people such as yourselves that keep FSX alive and kicking for me!

ce_zeta
September 13th, 2015, 03:02
Amazing! Thank you very much Teamstrat. :very_drunk:

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 03:10
Hey Dave - if your taking 'long cruises', try flying with your 'auto throttle' engaged. Another words, activate it (when activated it will recognize the current speed) / set your 'cruise speed' and then if you change altitudes it will automatically compensate to maintain the speed..

Just DON"T forget to 'de-activate' it for landing and if your flying the "L" - before you engage the 'jets' !!

Bill

Hi Bill:wavey:

You're right of course.. one surefire way to stop what happened in this instance was to have spd hld engaged and I didn't. I wasn't quite sure where I was going at the time.. no place in particular and in no hurry to get there:biggrin-new: Cloud at 5K was interrupting my goofing of the model so I thought I'd creep up to 8K in order to get above it.

Tks for the tip on the 'L'. I'm only using the jets for assisted takeoff thereby saving maint hours:encouragement:

ATB

harrybasset
September 13th, 2015, 03:22
Thank you to Manfred and Team. I am particularly grateful for the KC-97L as this the only version I have ever seen live, a visitor during Operation Creek Party.

WND
September 13th, 2015, 03:23
Hi Bill:wavey:

Tks for the tip on the 'L'. I'm only using the jets for assisted takeoff thereby saving maint hours:encouragement:

ATB

Another 'tip' for ya:

When you bring your 'main' engines up to power and start your roll, 'click' on "throttle" on your 'engines' menu and it should give ya a 'boost' also - you might not need to use the 'jets' then !! Then once you establish your 'climb', you can 'click' on it again and turn it off.. I believe it will work on ALL models..

Bill

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 04:33
Ooo.. cheers Bill:encouragement:

ATB

txnetcop
September 13th, 2015, 05:23
I wish Greg Pepper could see this...what he began is truly a legendary aircraft for Flight Simulators. Thanks Manfred and Team:applause::applause::applause:
Ted

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 10:10
Manfred/Bill..

PaulK at CBFS has found a slight issue with the new jet smoke effect which I've been able to confirm. As the effect is listed in the lights section.. it shows for all models. I'm not sure what the easiest solution would be but off the top of my head.. a separate cfg for the L or have the effect bolted to the L model and removed from the cfg. I'd not noticed it until he mentioned it.. I'd not copied the jet fx file to my effects folder!!:biggrin-new:

He's also seen a deep nose-up stall while under AP which he's trying to reproduce. Not sure if he was under autothrottle. No doubt he'll pop here and confirm;)
ATB

WND
September 13th, 2015, 10:27
Manfred/Bill..

PaulK at CBFS has found a slight issue with the new jet smoke effect which I've been able to confirm. As the effect is listed in the lights section.. it shows for all models. I'm not sure what the easiest solution would be but off the top of my head.. a separate cfg for the L or have the effect bolted to the L model and removed from the cfg. I'd not noticed it until he mentioned it.. I'd not copied the jet fx file to my effects folder!!:biggrin-new:

He's also seen a deep nose-up stall while under AP which he's trying to reproduce. Not sure if he was under autothrottle. No doubt he'll pop here and confirm;)
ATB

Explain this just a little bit more please !! If I'm understanding it, the issue is that he has 'jet' smoke all the time no matter what model is flown ?? And as far as the nose up goes, several things could be causing that so I need a few more specifics ..

Bill

EDIT: I suppose it would help if I read the 'comments' more carefully !! DAH !! I don't have enough experience to say that an 'effect' can be tied to a function or not (in this case maybe the "jet' switch) however if it where me, I would probably create it's own (Boeing_KC-97L) folder (with it's own appropriate files / folders) whereby you could then remove the 'effect' in the original cfg file whereby it won't effect the other models .. But that's just me !!

As far as the possibility of Manfred looking into the issue - I don't believe that will happen anytime in the near future.. I have been informed that he has to 'step away' from developing for a while due to 'family matters' (altho if we're lucky he might sneak in on occasion) therefore I / we are going to have to try and resolve anything that crops up - which means I'll need as much detail as possible !!! LOL

Bill

Aharon
September 13th, 2015, 10:29
TuFun, that is AWESOME video!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Also, does anybody know the name of website showing all information and photos of KC-97Ls with jet engines so that I can look at and see if I can merge liveries from KC-97s with KC-97Ls as long as it is real world realism? I do not know which liveries of USAF were used for KC-97Ls.

I seem to remember from looking at photos when I was little kid that Israeli Air Force had one or two KC-97s with jet engines. Can anyone confirm such existence of that?

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 10:36
Hi Bill..

I don't know the exact circumstances behind his stall.. he's trying to recreate it now.

As for the jet smoke.. this is showing on the KCG as well as the L. I've not looked at either model in MCX to see if they're both calling the effect or if this is displaying on all models as for reasons I'm trying to find.. I can only currently display external models for the CG, KCG and KCL!! Back to the hunt!!
ATB

WND
September 13th, 2015, 10:53
Hi Bill..

I don't know the exact circumstances behind his stall.. he's trying to recreate it now.

As for the jet smoke.. this is showing on the KCG as well as the L. I've not looked at either model in MCX to see if they're both calling the effect or if this is displaying on all models as for reasons I'm trying to find.. I can only currently display external models for the CG, KCG and KCL!! Back to the hunt!!
ATB

Thanks Dave - I appreciate it !! I'm off to do some 'testing myself so I'll be back shortly with some results.. BUT thinking about it (and it actually answers my question from earlier), the 'effect' shouldn't occur until the 'jets' are activated - but I'll double check that in my 'testing'..

Bill

manfredc3
September 13th, 2015, 11:01
Tufun,

As expected, great sounds for an even so great aircraft.

WND
September 13th, 2015, 11:15
Ok - I've done some testing (in FSXA) - using the 'package' that Manfred presented to us.. Checking the C-97A / the KC-97G and the KC-97L, the Results are:

The only 'smoke' I saw in both the "A" and the "KC" was from the 4 piston engines when I got the MP at / above 50 inches..

The only time I saw smoke from the 'jets' was when I activated them and when they got 'spooled' up - then they would start producing a 'trail'.. As soon as I shut them down, the 'smoke trail' from the 'jets' went away....

First pic is the "L" with pistons only, second pic is the"L" with piston's and 'jets', 3rd pic is the "KC" and the 4th pic is the "A"..

One thing I did notice in testing (and Manfred indicated he was going to install it) was when you activate the 'jets' - it dis-engages the 'auto throttle' - Sooooo Dave (and everyone else), you now only have to remember (LOL) to re-activate it and reset your speed after you get done a 'refueling' run !!!

Bill

DaveB
September 13th, 2015, 11:23
Thanks Dave - I appreciate it !! I'm off to do some 'testing myself so I'll be back shortly with some results.. BUT thinking about it (and it actually answers my question from earlier), the 'effect' shouldn't occur until the 'jets' are activated - but I'll double check that in my 'testing'..

Bill

Hi Bill..

In order to get the 'non-displaying' models to display.. I ended up moving my current C97 install out and reinstalling it from the zip. I've no idea what had happened to corrupt it but corrupt it had become. All models now displaying correctly. A quick test across 3 models KCG, Y and KCL shows only the KCL displaying smoke and only with the jets running. However.. if the light switches on the monitor aren't used and the 'L' key is used instead.. hitting the L key will turn all the light effects on (not surprising)! I swear I didn't use the L key before and rarely do as it switches cockpit/flightdeck lights on and I don't do night!:biggrin-new:

I'll have to get back to him or have him pop in here to see if it's still happening for him.

Sri to hear Manfred is having RW probs. Be sure to wish him all our best at your next contact;)

EDIT: Rgr your last Bill.. it appeared on the previous page!!

ATB

Bushpounder
September 13th, 2015, 12:16
Thank you, Manfred. This is a beaut!

Don

Aharon
September 14th, 2015, 05:29
Yes, most textures should be freely interchangeable, except when you have special appendages like additional tanks, jets etc. but patching them should be no problem for a repainter.

Mjahn,

What texture files would I need to seek if I want to move body livery and tail livery without wings from KC-97 to KC-97L so that KC-97L will still retain its own wings, props, and jets while having the body livery and tail livery imported from KC-97 unless you tell me it would not work? The DDS file format do not offer me preview of each texture file in the folders and I do not want to use DDS software to view because I do not want to screw anything up.

Thanks,

Aharon

expat
September 14th, 2015, 05:46
Wonderful work on this. I can't remember now what to do to start the engines. I left clicked on "3" for engine three on the KC-97L and hold it there for five seconds (per the tool tip) but the engine(s) won't turn over. I had to resort to Ctrl + E which is not my favorite way to get things running . .

WND
September 14th, 2015, 08:10
Wonderful work on this. I can't remember now what to do to start the engines. I left clicked on "3" for engine three on the KC-97L and hold it there for five seconds (per the tool tip) but the engine(s) won't turn over. I had to resort to Ctrl + E which is not my favorite way to get things running . .

Good morning Expat:

I'm not trying to sound like a 'smart ass' here but nothing will work unless you turn the 'battery' on !! Once you do that, then you can select each engine individually for starting - however keep in mind that after each one starts, the 'system' will automatically 'sink' all four back together - so you'll have to select each engine / each time until the last one...

Hope this helps..

Bill

WND
September 14th, 2015, 08:21
Mjahn,

What texture files would I need to seek if I want to move body livery and tail livery without wings from KC-97 to KC-97L so that KC-97L will still retain its own wings, props, and jets while having the body livery and tail livery imported from KC-97 unless you tell me it would not work? The DDS file format do not offer me preview of each texture file in the folders and I do not want to use DDS software to view because I do not want to screw anything up.

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon:

I'll have to look myself to answer that question HOWEVER you don't have to use "DDS" software specifically - "DXTBmp" will look at a DDS file except it will be 'up-side-down' until you 'flip' it...

If it where me. I would move the whole "KC" texture you want over to the "L" (don't forget to do the aircraft cfg thing) - see what it looks like and if need be just go after the 'texture' sheet that has the 'jets' on it and replace the one that has the external 'tanks' on it - just might work !!!

Bill

Tako_Kichi
September 14th, 2015, 08:45
The DDS file format do not offer me preview of each texture file in the folders and I do not want to use DDS software to view because I do not want to screw anything up.

DDSView will allow you to browse through a folder of DDS files and view the textures directly. It works well and I have been using it for a few years now, in fact I have it set as my 'default' program for viewing DDS files so I just double-click on a DDS file and it is automatically loaded into DDSView. You can even show the Alpha channel over the top of the main texture (or by itself). I would be lost without it. Have no fear about using DDSView as it will not modify the files in any way, it's simply a file viewer.

DDSView can be found here: http://www.amnoid.de/ddsview/ and it's free and open source!

Aharon
September 14th, 2015, 09:11
If it where me. I would move the whole "KC" texture you want over to the "L" (don't forget to do the aircraft cfg thing) - see what it looks like and if need be just go after the 'texture' sheet that has the 'jets' on it and replace the one that has the external 'tanks' on it - just might work !!!

WND, thanks for GREAT tip!!! Hope it will work for me. :applause::applause:

Tako,

Thanks for helpful suggestions on DDS software.:applause::applause:

Regards,

Aharon

Lawman
September 14th, 2015, 09:50
DDSView will allow you to browse through a folder of DDS files and view the textures directly. It works well and I have been using it for a few years now, in fact I have it set as my 'default' program for viewing DDS files so I just double-click on a DDS file and it is automatically loaded into DDSView. You can even show the Alpha channel over the top of the main texture (or by itself). I would be lost without it. Have no fear about using DDSView as it will not modify the files in any way, it's simply a file viewer.

DDSView can be found here: http://www.amnoid.de/ddsview/ and it's free and open source!

You could also try Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com

expat
September 14th, 2015, 10:14
nothing will work unless you turn the 'battery' on !! Once you do that, then you can select each engine individually for starting -

DOH!! That was it! Thanks!

WND
September 14th, 2015, 10:28
DOH!! That was it! Thanks!

LOL, I sort of figured that was it !!!

Aharon
September 14th, 2015, 14:34
Lawman,

Thanks for tip.

Regards,

Aharon

dvj
September 14th, 2015, 15:37
A Masterpiece!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/15/master.jpg

CanadaKen
September 15th, 2015, 09:49
Finally had time to install this wonderful aircraft....THANK YOU!!!
Between the DC-3 and the C-97 I'm in oil drippin'....oil burnin' heaven! :-)

Ken

delta_lima
September 16th, 2015, 12:26
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/delta_lima/FS%20screens/1b6f6c5d-3723-4100-b0e8-4be1e84d3aa0_zpsbaz10u6t.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/delta_lima/media/FS%20screens/1b6f6c5d-3723-4100-b0e8-4be1e84d3aa0_zpsbaz10u6t.png.html)

Little wee pic to say "THANKS!!!"

dl

usafvet
September 16th, 2015, 15:08
I guess I will just have to wait until the "G" files are converted to "L" files for the jet pods, as I don't have the set-up to move textures from one
DDS file to another. It's a great aircraft and look forward to the new sub-mod versions.

WND
September 17th, 2015, 04:19
I guess I will just have to wait until the "G" files are converted to "L" files for the jet pods, as I don't have the set-up to move textures from one
DDS file to another. It's a great aircraft and look forward to the new sub-mod versions.

Good morning 'Vet':

I've been doing some 'experimenting' this morning and as you can see by the attached pic, the only difference on texture file "C97_03" is in the lower right hand corner - 'fuel pods' vs 'jet pods'..

Since I haven't been able to find a 'paint kit' yet specific to the 'jet pods', and since there will probably be an 'alpha channel' involved, if it where me I would probably ask the person that did the "KC" paint you want to move if they would be so kind as to redo the lower right hand corner of file "03" - (replace the 'fuel pods' with the 'jet pods' and assco items) so the rest of the items on the 'sheet' would stay the same (markings etc of the one your trying to move) - thus the 'whole' file (sheet) wouldn't have to be re-done..

Try that and see how that works...

Hope it helps..

Bill

Aharon
September 17th, 2015, 05:42

Can you please scroll up and see my same question that was met with useful tips or suggestions that will solve your question which is also same as mine too?

Regards,

Aharon

usafvet
September 17th, 2015, 15:41
I'm not familiar with painting portion, I am more into scenery design. I was hoping some would just be forth coming.....

WND
September 19th, 2015, 03:06
Good morning everyone:

Below is a link to a download that might help those of you who want to convert a "KC" paint to an "L" paint - regarding the 'jet pods'..

Hope it helps ya !!

Bill

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tum2g828ddcb6l1/Kc97L_jet_texture_patches.zip?dl=0

usafvet
September 21st, 2015, 14:25
I have come to realize that after 4 hours of trying to converting files that I am not talented enough to do it. Alas I guess I get only 1 "L". Still a great aircraft.

Aharon
October 10th, 2015, 08:32
This is awesome amazing fact on how Israel used C-97s for rescue mission.

Check out this link: http://unitedwithisrael.org/biafran-airlift-israels-secret-mission-to-save-lives/

Regards,

Aharon

jankees
October 10th, 2015, 09:10
I have come to realize that after 4 hours of trying to converting files that I am not talented enough to do it. Alas I guess I get only 1 "L". Still a great aircraft.

which one are you after?

jankees
October 11th, 2015, 01:02
I've updated the Spanish version to KC-97L:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20031.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20031.jpg.html)

link to paint (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5166-manfred-jahns-boeing-kc-97-spanish-air-force-123-03/)

and painted one for the Utah Air Guard:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20021.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20021.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20039.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20039.jpg.html)

link to paint (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5451-manfred-jahns-kc-97l-utah-air-guard/)

If you want more, just give a shout..

Aharon
October 11th, 2015, 05:22
If you want more, just give a shout..

Shalom Jankees,

If it is not too much trouble, can you please be kind enough to do easy task exporting your Israeli air force livery from KC-97 to KC-97L? I remember seeing one in Israeli books.

And I am afraid to screw up if I try to do the export stunt of your Israeli livery from KC-97 to KC-97L.

Also, I tried to download your new Utah livery for KC-97L and the download function is not working. Please advise?

Thanks,

Aharon

usafvet
October 11th, 2015, 17:25
Jankees,

Oh I don't know, Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arizona, New York, SAC "clean", SAC "Artic". Just about anything suitable for "Operation Creek Party" Missions. I tried to do the transfer of
the engines to the "G" models, but, it never worked.....

Many thanks.....

jankees
October 12th, 2015, 00:55
don't you just love a man with simple tastes...

well, here's a few more then

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20185.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20185.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20199.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20199.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20177.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20177.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/ss20211.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/ss20211.jpg.html)

I know the Texas one took part in the last Creek Party, not sure about the others.
Haven't seen any Arctic KC-97's so far, if you have any pics?

Aharon
October 12th, 2015, 04:32
wow amazing screenshots Are you using FS Recorders, Jankees?

manfredc3
October 12th, 2015, 10:04
JanKees,

Nice screenshots, and thanks for the great repaints.

jankees
October 17th, 2015, 09:07
yes, this was done with the recorder.

I was asked to think about a few more civilian schemes, so I came up with this:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20322.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20322.jpg.html)

I know, they never flew the C-97, but I think it still looks nice, don't you?

Then my daughter came up with an idea:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20313.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20313.jpg.html)

any takers?

and finally, what I think was the last C-97 that worked for its money:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20345.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20345.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20365.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20365.jpg.html)

still a few things to sort, but getting there...

CG_1976
October 17th, 2015, 10:53
You have a taker for your ANG WI, Flying Tiger.

manfredc3
October 17th, 2015, 15:49
Another "taker" here :wavey:

Aharon
October 17th, 2015, 16:37
Amazing Flying Tiger livery!!

Regards,

Aharon

jankees
October 18th, 2015, 01:18
well, they are now on OZx (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/profile/750-jankees/content/&type=downloads_file), so go and get them!

A few more shots of the final versions:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20388.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20388.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20405.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20405.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20413.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20413.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/C-97/ss20415.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/C-97/ss20415.jpg.html)

menef
October 18th, 2015, 01:49
Thank you JK for all your paints and your generosity :applause::very_drunk:

NAVY DOC
January 24th, 2018, 08:25
Thank you for this wonderful aircraft.
Quick question;
Are the jet engines just on/off with no throttle response and no thrust gain?

Thanks again,
Doc

Seahawk72s
January 27th, 2018, 05:27
Based on a link from Milton, here is a free YC-97 pilots manual.

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2017/09/boeing-yc-97-pilots-handbook.html