PDA

View Full Version : May we Never forget 9/11/01

trucker17
September 11th, 2015, 07:36
Let us never forget that terrible day in our history. 09/11/01.
We all remember December the 7th, for the day we were brought into WWII. The lives that were lost in that attack and lives that were lost defending our freedom.
speed forward 59 years 2 months and 4 days. 09/11/01, was an act of war, it was a senseless act, by no more then COWARDS, who wanted nothing more then to take innocent lives. Then when it came time to answer for what they did, they went into hiding, because of a yellow streak that runs down their backs. A group of people who claimed responsibility for the act, AN ACT OF COWARDICE IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD, like the cowardly countries who harbored them.

I remember to this day where i was and what i was doing.
I was in Jersey city waiting to get my load from SYSCO on the jersey shore, i had just gotten something to eat from the lunch truck, when another driver came running over saying that the first tower was hit by a plane. as we heard the rumble from the explosion, and then seeing the second plane hit. Even being across the river it was a very frightening thing to see.
May they all rest in peace.
http://i.imgur.com/549rla0.jpg (http://imgur.com/549rla0)

donnybalonny
September 11th, 2015, 10:36
I also remember what i did.
I was playing the guitar in my appartment in Granada Spain, when my neightbour came and told me what was going on. I followed him and saw the second plane crash into the tower.
It was a shock.......
I hope we can stop terrorism, which has a had an enormous impact in our lives since september 11, but even more, I hope the world will be a better and more equal place. I think thats the only way of totally stopping terrorism.

expat
September 11th, 2015, 10:57
Remember watching it on the screens on the floor at work and saying to a colleague - before the second tower hit - "the world has now changed." It did.

rvn817j
September 11th, 2015, 11:23
Once upon a time, I was a junior officer (and an NFO) in VS-22. I also had a good friend with a great sense of humor and humanity that was a junior officer and NFO in VS-22. At the end of his tour of duty he went on to graduate school and ended up with a career as a pilot at United Airlines. His career and life ended on September 11, 2001, when his plane was crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers. I will never forget my friend Vic Saracini.

trucker17
September 11th, 2015, 11:54
rvn817j (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?78938-rvn817j)

That day was full of losses for everyone. Sorry to hear about your friend being the pilot that day.
Our prayers are still with the families of those who were lost.

DagR
September 11th, 2015, 23:59
From a Norwegian:
I work at a combined mil/civil airport. I had been on the military side taking pictures of a couple of RNoAF F-16s and returned back to the fire station where I used to work. Then this guy came shouting "Dag, you better come in an see this!!". I remember we said to each other "Is this a movie!!!??". 3 hrs later we had an F-16 QRA in place, and that lasted for 6 months!

Best regards Dag

stansdds
September 12th, 2015, 04:59
I had just walked out of my private office to see my next patient when the music on the radio was interrupted by a breaking news story. An aircraft had crashed into one of the towers of the World Trade Center. That was at 8:58 AM and I thought that there might have been fog or really low cloud cover over NYC and a small plane had struck one of the towers. No big deal, it had happened to other building in NYC over the years. I went on about my business until another report came in that the second tower had been struck and it appeared to be passenger jet aircraft. I knew right then that we, the United States, were under attack. Then the report of an explosion at the Pentagon, then an airliner crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. I then instructed my office manager to contact all patients for the remainder of the day, cancel their appointments, and I immediately closed my office out of fear of widespread attacks. I went home, turned on the tv and could not believe what I was seeing. I will never forget that day.

txnetcop
September 12th, 2015, 05:53
It was hard to watch then without becoming angry, and still just as hard today. So many lives then, and so many years later by emergency responders were forfeit.
Ted

Wayland
September 12th, 2015, 06:42
I had just clocked in for the morning shift at Boeing's Renton Plant. As I walked to my workstation, i noticed one of my co-workers come out of the line supervisor's office with a face as white as a sheet and his hands were shaking. He said "You need to see this right now!" and pushed me into the office, just in time to see the second plane strike the towers. I looked at that and then at my supervisor who was just frozen, looking at the TV, and thought to myself, "We are at War." Within 5 minutes the whole plant was on lockdown, Security was checking everyone's ID badges, and the Renton Airport was shut down. Needless to say, no work got done that day. When they sent us home, everyone had the deep down feeling that the entire world had just changed for the worse.

trucker17
September 12th, 2015, 09:21
It did change for the worse that day....
In the weeks to follow, i was one of the drivers to deliver emergency equipment to New York city and to the Pentagon.....No trucks were allowed within 5 miles of the sites. The government had military trucks pickup the trailers and take to the sites....Even where we were parked it looked like a battle zone, soldiers walking around fully armed, military vehicles all over the place, Not to mention the Black SUV's with government plates scattered all over the area we were parked at....
No one would talk to us while we were their, and the government officials that walked around kept looking at us like we had done something wrong....On that day 09/11/01 the world had changed....

JensOle
September 12th, 2015, 10:39
From another Norwegian,

I was in my last year at high school and had just come back from school when I saw the second airliner hit the towers on TV. It was unbelievable to watch.

Next year I started a 13 year long military career and the events on 9/11 would come to follow me for most of that period with many tours to Afghanistan.

PRB
September 12th, 2015, 11:08
There was one heart warming event that happened in the days that followed, which I will never forget. Thanks Canada. :canada: :unitedstates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXbxoy4Mges

T Square
September 12th, 2015, 11:53
I was on duty about 34 hours straight, had 8 F-16s prepped for a training mission of mixed Mk82 and Mk84 blue bombs. Was making my morning walk of the ramp. Training mission canceled, spent rest of day downloading aircraft and reloading with AIM-9 and AIM-120s all 24 aircraft assigned. No small feat for a ANG unit with a just a skeleton force on hand. Could only put together 5 load crews. In my 30 years of service, I have never been prouder to have served with the men and women who helped me accomplish our mission that day, yet been so heart broken that somehow we were helpless to stop what was happening. That's all I got to say.