PDA

View Full Version : Phantom F-4K Milviz paint WIP

DaveQ
September 8th, 2015, 04:51
Making slow progress on this. The detail and complexity makes matching it all up - shall we say - challenging:banghead:

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4%20RN%201_zpsaxhg9loy.jpg

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4%20RN%202_zpscfnsifww.jpg

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4%20RN%203_zps1putomja.jpg

I'm going to try to finish it this week.....!

DaveQ

noddy
September 8th, 2015, 05:00
Lovely work Dave.

joe bob
September 8th, 2015, 05:16
Sweet!!!!!

Christoph_T
September 8th, 2015, 05:19
Very nice paint Dave!!!
I will definitely download this one:applause:

Duckie
September 8th, 2015, 05:45
I feel your "challenge"' Dave. Beautiful work.

MDIvey
September 8th, 2015, 08:00
Thanks Dave...that looks great. Got any plans to do that one with the yellow bird on the fin? or has the hair loss with this one put you off:encouragement:

Matt

IFlySWA
September 8th, 2015, 08:14
Looks great. :encouragement: I bet DaveB will be pleased, too. :biggrin-new:

Brian

Mach3DS
September 8th, 2015, 08:42
Great paint Dave!

delta_lima
September 8th, 2015, 09:44
Looks great Dave!

I'll be picking that one up for sure!

dl

gribouil
September 8th, 2015, 10:06
Very nice repaint!!! :ernaehrung004:

DaveB
September 8th, 2015, 10:28
Looks great. :encouragement: I bet DaveB will be pleased, too. :biggrin-new:

Brian

Indeed Brian.. I do love it very much. Unfortunately.. it's bitter-sweet as I'm not up to forking out 50bucks just to fly it. On that note.. all future screenshots of RN paints should be banned!!:biggrin-new:

ATB
DaveB:)

Ian Warren
September 8th, 2015, 12:09
That really dose look Sweet .. all that head banging will be well worth it :encouragement:

DaveQ
September 8th, 2015, 22:42
Just for DaveB.....:biggrin-new:

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4%20RN%204_zpss3pfvytl.jpg

Go on Dave, you know you want it....:very_drunk:

DaveQ

dhazelgrove
September 8th, 2015, 23:38
Just for DaveB.....:biggrin-new:

Go on Dave, you know you want it....:very_drunk:

DaveQ

Put her on The Ark and he'll have your hand off.

Dave

DaveB
September 8th, 2015, 23:50
You lot are really cruel sometimes:sniper:

ATB
DaveB:biggrin-new:

DaveQ
September 10th, 2015, 12:06
Posted today. Hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS I've struggled for two days on and off to get her safely aboard the Ark. When I did I missed the screenie!!:banghead: But I did do it!

SkippyBing
September 10th, 2015, 12:29
Posted today. Hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS I've struggled for two days on and off to get her safely aboard the Ark. When I did I missed the screenie!!:banghead: But I did do it!

Psst... Just slew it on there, Dave won't know!!

DaveB
September 10th, 2015, 12:40
That's it.. you lot are all banned!:tommygun2:

Give me a break fellas. In the last few days, I've bought the Aerosoft F3, A2A/AF P-51H, Virtavia Osprey and Virtavia Havoc (granted.. the last 2 in a sale). Had the Beech 10A had a BOAC paint.. I'd probably have bought that too. Thank god it didn't!:banghead:
ATB

delta_lima
September 10th, 2015, 14:14
How's the used Triumph Triple market in the UK, Dave? Just sayin' ....

:running:

For what it's worth, while I do have it, and certainly will throw Dave's lovely Navy paint on it, between the quirkiness of the SAS, the tricky nature of the faster carrier landing speed than would have been present on a real J, and a bit of a heavy performance hit, I can't say I'm spending the kind of time on it I thought I would. Not quite at buyers' regret, but almost. Coupled with the time commitment required on the F-4B beta, and the Iris K flying perfectly now on my pc, I'm getting my F-4 itch scratched more than adequately. I'm hoping I'll get more excited about it - but just not right now. Maybe if/when the S comes out, which in hindsight, would have been the better one to hold out for.

dl

DaveB
September 10th, 2015, 14:49
Thanks for that DL:encouragement:

I've a similar feeling about the F3.. already. It's not so bad in zero weather but I flew it tonight with live weather and it felt like I'd lost a wing:banghead:

Nice as this paint looks.. if I'm gonna spend some hard earned on a Phantom.. it's gonna have to be a K/FG/FGA. Milviz models push my rig (especially the F-15 and Bell 407.. the 530 gives a BEX error) so the wrong model with the right paint isn't a consideration.;)
ATB

dhazelgrove
September 11th, 2015, 01:21

I've a similar feeling about the F3.. already. It's not so bad in zero weather but I flew it tonight with live weather and it felt like I'd lost a wing:banghead:

Nice as this paint looks.. if I'm gonna spend some hard earned on a Phantom.. it's gonna have to be a K/FG/FGA. Milviz models push my rig (especially the F-15 and Bell 407.. the 530 gives a BEX error) so the wrong model with the right paint isn't a consideration.;)
ATB

Try landing the Lightning in a 20-knot crosswind.
That's when you discover what shirt tails are for.....

Dave

IanHenry
September 11th, 2015, 01:27

ATB

Dave, if yourusing ASN, try turning the cloud turbulence down in the setting, it feels forto strong to be realistic to me, default is 7, I set mine to 3. Makes a hugedifference.

Ian

DaveB
September 11th, 2015, 01:41
Hi Ian/Dave:wavey:

Yep.. I use ASN so will take a look at that setting. I'd parked up at Marham and sat waiting for a Victor to takeoff so I could take a few screenies behind it. In true Lightning fashion.. I needed fuel by the time the Victor took off!!:biggrin-new: Anyhow.. it did and I got in the air to follow it. NO WAY could I keep it stable enough to have prodded. At times.. it did actually feel like I'd lost a wing! I've noticed the Aerosoft F14 gets bounced around like it's a toy too with live weather. Time for a fiddle me thinks!! Thanks for the pointer;)
ATB

DaveWG
September 11th, 2015, 03:38
Don't know if you use Accu-Feel, but that can have an effect as well.

Sorry for the OT. The F4 paint looks superb.:encouragement:

DaveB
September 11th, 2015, 05:31
Hi Dave (apologies for the further diversion)

AccuFeel isn't installed Dave. However.. I looked into the ASN settings and found Turbulence effect (in the Wind Section) was at 7 so I pulled that back to 3 as advised. In the Cloud section.. Cloud Turbulence defaults to 100% and I left it at that. The difference 7 to 3 makes is the difference between flying a Lightning with 1 wing and one with 2!! I get a sneaking feeling this may have to be selected each time I load ASN though. We shall see.

Great Tip Ian.. VMT:encouragement:
ATB