PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded the AVG/Burma missions package

HouseHobbit
September 6th, 2015, 00:26
** This Mission Package is dedicated to Talon ****

CFS3 Rising Sun Expansion**The Forgotten Theater China-Burma AVG ERA 6
There are Historical and Hysterical Hobbit missions in the package.
You receive Aircraft: (RS_B339_67_41) (Ki_32_Mary, Ki_51_Sonia, Ki-44_1, Ki-48_lily) In this package, By the ETO/PTO team and Master Corrado, (Nav lights added to Corrado's aircraft)
Check the read me files closely, and follow the instructions.
I hope all will enjoy this Missions package
HouseHobbit

Will be available when the admin see/approve this upload...
Testers(Hobbit Hole gang) I made several last minute changes to several missions to improve them, download this and reload what I sent.

TheBookie
September 6th, 2015, 22:20
Hobbit,

I d/l'ed your AVG and noticed you only have a single plane taking off in some missions.Also read in the readme you can't have full squadrons takeoff from the airbases. From Mingaladon,Kunming and Moulmein I have squadrons taking off with no crashes.It's something Talon figured out that makes it work.

HouseHobbit
September 6th, 2015, 22:45
Yes, in a few places you can do this, but since the Global layer was never finished, several of the bases are set up to 5,000ft below the level of the ground, so I chose to do this. Hope you enjoy the set.
Not a big trick to use some bases since they were placed more correctly.
Hopefully some day this will be finished I hope.
Until then check the read me's for info, and enjoy.
several historical and Hysterical missions to play with.

Let me know (PM me here) How you did on the large formation missions, one of the many (outside the Box) items I have developed for all..
Think you might like the full height carrier missions and the Cam ship Catapult launch missions too.
Many find them very challenging in CFS3 since the game engine has it own way of doing things one must adjust to these..

There are about 60 different sets here I have done for all( plus several Missions rooms on other CFS3 sites)
I am most pleased with the Catapult launch missions, and hope you have the time to try them also.

If you need any advice let me know very happy to help anyone.
As I have helped many of the missions builders develop new things, Including Master Talon..
We all are one Big family that help each other.
More dancing and rejoicing!

Daiwilletti
September 7th, 2015, 00:23
Yes, in a few places you can do this, but since the Global layer was never finished, several of the bases are set up to 5,000ft below the level of the ground, so I chose to do this. Hope you enjoy the set.

hi HH, in the global_layer.csv file there is a column for LockAlt IIRC. If you free up this parameter for the offending airbases, they should automatically try to make a best fit into the terrain. I found in some european GLs, the AI were "tunneling" into the ground on landing. I seem to recall that by adjusting the csv file, I was able to solve this problem for the airbases I looked at.

Haven't looked at RS for ages but hopefully the same approach would work?

HouseHobbit
September 7th, 2015, 00:26
Thanks David, for this, I have a go at this when I get the chance.
BRAVO!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Your skill in sorting out these things is most welcomed.
More dancing!
Learn each day from the Masters..

TheBookie
September 7th, 2015, 09:35
Not a big trick to use some bases since they were placed more correctly.
Hopefully some day this will be finished I hope.

In Burma squadrons can takeoff from Moulmein,Mingaladon,Lashio ,Kunming and Haiphong. I haven't tried the others yet.

In PNG a squadron can takeoff from Kila-Kila and someone else fixed Gurney so a squadron can takeoff.

So far every airbase that I've tried that has been modified you can have a squadron takeoff from.How it was done I'm still checking into.

I haven't tried the bases in the Sino yet or Philippines.

BTW I know my way around CFS3 and have Maw,PTO,ETO,Rising Sun and Korea. I got CFS3 when it first came out.

HouseHobbit
September 7th, 2015, 11:10
In Burma squadrons can takeoff from Moulmein,Mingaladon,Lashio ,Kunming and Haiphong. I haven't tried the others yet.

In PNG a squadron can takeoff from Kila-Kila and someone else fixed Gurney so a squadron can takeoff.

So far every airbase that I've tried that has been modified you can have a squadron takeoff from.How it was done I'm still checking into.

I haven't tried the bases in the Sino yet or Philippines.

BTW I know my way around CFS3 and have Maw,PTO,ETO,Rising Sun and Korea. I got CFS3 when it first came out.

Wonderful!! Looking forward to flying your missions.
We can always use another Mission builder in CFS3 and the Expansions.
Bravo!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
And there is Much rejoicing..
Welcome to the family..

gosd
September 8th, 2015, 20:15
Has anibody noticed that when a rs_p40b_avg_41 or rs_p40b_avg_42 get shot at no bullet holes are appearing.
Had a quick check at the mos file for these birds and the bullethole.dds are edited.:dizzy:

Capt. Winters
September 9th, 2015, 05:00
Hi Gosd,

I'm seeing bullets and damage on both these aircraft. I double checked the MOS files in the editor and they are compiled correctly. I made the MOS files in these planes.

Possibly check your aircraft details settings if its changed to 4 (or possibly 3) if I remember correctly it will disable mos animations.

regards Rob.

HouseHobbit
September 9th, 2015, 12:06
Yea plenty of holes in my P-40s too RATS!
Daniel meet me on skype this evening say 8 to 9 pm we can work this out.

Check your e-mail sent the P-40's from RS to ya.

gosd
September 10th, 2015, 10:28
Hi Gosd,

I'm seeing bullets and damage on both these aircraft. I double checked the MOS files in the editor and they are compiled correctly. I made the MOS files in these planes.

Possibly check your aircraft details settings if its changed to 4 (or possibly 3) if I remember correctly it will disable mos animations.

regards Rob.

Had another look in QC and all works fine:adoration:.
The problem I am experiencing is that in several of the RS AVG P 40b Bomber intercept missions the players plane gets shot by the g3m2 rear gunner to a point that the plane stops running after a short time(propeller stops). But when you look at the plane there are no bullet holes so I thought there was something wrong with the plane .mos file.

Old Tiger
September 11th, 2015, 05:50
I noticed some odd scenery in RS Kunming and elsewhere, Hope there’s a fix, RS is my favorite sim.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28952&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28953&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28954&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28955&stc=1

HouseHobbit
September 11th, 2015, 06:34
No, unless someone steps up to finish Rising Sun..
What was released was the early Beta for all to have a look see.
Not a final Just a beta..
As explained in my read me's with the missions.
Scenery wasn't finished.
Bummer..:banghead:

FireStorm II
September 11th, 2015, 08:47
Hi Len,
I remember you had posted this problem before, but I thought that you had it fixed. My install never had this problem,
and it sure seems odd, as though you are next to the end of the map. I've posted some pics of Lashio and Kunming.
Maybe others can check to see if they have this problem also.
Regards, Kim.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28958&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28960&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28959&stc=1

HouseHobbit
September 11th, 2015, 12:25
WOW! this is interesting, because my Rising Sun install does what Len's does also.

Daiwilletti
September 11th, 2015, 14:13
Is it the lockalt thing in the global layer I was talking about? Maybe some people have fixed it.

MajorMagee
September 11th, 2015, 19:17
Mine looks fine too.

Daiwilletti
September 12th, 2015, 17:38
I've had a quick look in the AVG_global_layer.csv. Lashio needs to have alt=0 under the Alt column, and change the far right column LockAlt from yes to no. Afterward, don't forget to delete the .zx files from both Terrains folders (not sure if this really is necessary but do it anyway

That should do the trick for those having problems with Lashio. Seems that there are several different versions of the global layer file floating about? Not including there are different GLs for different theatres.

Does that mean that with the RS updates, sometimes the updated GLs are not being installed properly? Just a wild guess as I don't have RS installed at the moment.

HH has sent me his GL csv files. I can't even find "Kunming" in the Sino GL. Does that mean that there is an airbase facility file named "Kunming" within the xml text, that has a different name for the facility file, and in the GL? I can't tell until I get RS installed. But as a way to get the "holes in the ground" fixed, I will send HH a version of the sino GL with all airbases set Alt=0 and Lockalt=No, for him to try. Thats the only way I can try to fix Kunming without knowing what the facility file is named.

Getting the airbases at ground level should allow planes to line up for takeoff as normal. If there are any problems with this, it is the object xml file named in the airbase facility's xml file, which controls the location and spacing of aircraft lining up to take off. The object file can be tinkered with to change the spacing/location of the waiting aircraft.

Sending the modded GL csvs off to HH now.

TheBookie
September 12th, 2015, 18:16
Kunming is part of the Burma map in Rising Sun not the Sino map.

Daiwilletti
September 12th, 2015, 22:28
Kunming is part of the Burma map in Rising Sun not the Sino map.

Thanks, that will help find it! Old Tiger's screenshot shows that in the UI the country is China. Obviously a wrong entry somewhere or other?