PDA

View Full Version : For Francois

falcon409
September 5th, 2015, 08:43
Francois,

I can no longer use any of the download links I had for items purchased through your store. I need to reinstall "Grass for FSX" but can't download it. Any way to get that back? I sent you a support message but I don't even know if that's a working system any more.

Thanks

hairyspin
September 5th, 2015, 09:13
IIRC, Francois had real broadband troubles recently so give him some time to answer. I hope he gets sorted soon.

falcon409
September 5th, 2015, 09:19
IIRC, Francois had real broadband troubles recently so give him some time to answer. I hope he gets sorted soon.
Thanks Tom. . .that's why I wasn't certain that even his Forum info was relevant any more.

Hdguy
September 5th, 2015, 13:17
Falcon. he is on vacation as of now, and told me that many places he went their would be no internet access at all.

He is aware that his site is dead, and the fundraiser we had for him will get him back in business online soon..

It may take a few weeks for that all to happen. he can not upload anything on his new site now as it stands.

I will pass along to him that you are hunting his Grass texture though...

Anneke
September 5th, 2015, 14:16
Fundraiser? On vacation...:dizzy:

Hdguy
September 5th, 2015, 15:41
Fundraiser? On vacation...:dizzy:

His Internet would not hold up to his needs since his relocation.

The vacation was planned I assume, and the wife said NO to much more expensive equipment that had to be purchased. so yes, a bunch of people took a collection up for the equipment he needed.

Falcon.. he is on his way home as of tomorrow and will get in touch with you about what can be done to get this Grass back your way...

falcon409
September 6th, 2015, 05:39
Thanks for looking into this. As it happens (and it would only happen to me) the textures for that grass were moved from the texture folder to the scenery folder (I swear I never touched it). . .hence the reason I couldn't see anything when trying to place it in Instant Scenery 3. Problem solved and no need for Francois to look into it.

Hdguy
September 6th, 2015, 12:55
Thanks for looking into this. As it happens (and it would only happen to me) the textures for that grass were moved from the texture folder to the scenery folder (I swear I never touched it). . .hence the reason I couldn't see anything when trying to place it in Instant Scenery 3. Problem solved and no need for Francois to look into it.

Ha Ha ... The Gremlins did it. They get into my files too at times... :mixed-smiley-010:

I'll pass it along... He's home now, and I suspose he will look for this thread when he gets a chance...

Glad you found it....

Francois
September 7th, 2015, 06:07
Back home (in Italy). Glad it was solved.

For the record, no, I wasn't on vacation. Went to pick up a motorbike in Holland to bring it back home to Italy. The fundraiser was for my 'company cost'..... FSAddon is a company that doesn't really make a profit anymore, but I refuse to give up on producing add-ons people like. However, I have sunken many 10's of thousands Euros over the past 5 years into keeping it alive and the SWAMBO said 'STOP'.

I still pay for all the tech cost, but the Internet connections here are the show stopper. Still working ion getting things back on track.

We'll be heading for Netherlands again next weekend for a month....... still a house there that needs caring for ..... (and selling at one point). And other things to attend to. We'll be back home half October after that (home being Italy now).

Thanks for all your continued support of my little one-man company and allowing me to keep at least a few developers working !

Francois

rdaniell
September 7th, 2015, 06:25
Francois, looks like you may be a fan of Rumpole of the Bailey. (SWAMBO) Remember to always say that in a low voice so she does not hear you :biggrin-new:.

RD

n4gix
September 7th, 2015, 06:39
Just out of curiosity, does the "A" stand for "Always" or "Absolutely?" Or, is that a distinction without a difference? :173go1:

rdaniell
September 7th, 2015, 07:04
Just out of curiosity, does the "A" stand for "Always" or "Absolutely?" Or, is that a distinction without a difference? :173go1:

Rumpole usually says: ALWAYS. In the case of my SWAMBO for the past 50 years as of this April, it is a distinction without a difference....:biggrin-new:

RD

Francois
September 7th, 2015, 11:52
ALWAYS ! :adoration:

Bushpounder
September 7th, 2015, 14:18
You do still have the BMW, don't you?

Don

Francois
September 7th, 2015, 22:23
Yup, just drove the old one down from Holland to Italy..... 2000 km's, 4 days riding ! :-)