PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Eurofighter

martin88
September 5th, 2015, 07:49
Hi guys,

I bought the JF Eurofighter yesterday (had the SU33 first, but it did not work well)
Before I write anything what I noticed, it would be nice to know how other users are happy with it or not?

Greetings
Martin

DaleRFU
September 5th, 2015, 08:22
The Typhoon is an aircraft that I really want and I did consider that model however I don't think that it looks right on the external model

Daube
September 5th, 2015, 09:03
I have it as well, and the quality is way below the Sukhois, unfortunately.
The external model is actually quite nice, and I like the textures as well.
However, I didn't like the VC, especially because it has a tremendous hit on the FPS in P3D.
And the biggest problem was the flight model, which is completely messed up. In P3D, the plane can fly with engines on idle, and the external stores have no effect on the behavior.
I have uninstalled it, waiting for a "serious" update, but I believe it will never happen.

PS: don't take it bad, but you might want to ask us BEFORE you actually buy anything ;)

martin88
September 5th, 2015, 09:21
I got a refund on the Bear Studio Suchoi and they cannot give me the money back because I paid with paybal. So I had to buy something else.

I like the model, but it is true, the plane pushes extremly on the fps. Next thing are the flight dynamics: On the ground, the plane is like a rocket. On high altitude it was too slow. I fixed this. I also had to fix the wobbling in vs and nav mode. But the plane still keeps moving from left to right. Perhaps this is JFs thinking of delta wing behavior.

The thing flew like a drunken pilot. I also realized that there is one vapor effect missing on the right wing.
I wrote to the support and they told me it looks like I do something wrong with the autopilot.

Lol yea I played this crap flightsim for years and I am able to fly the Pro Tu154.

I am so disappointed about Just Flight. This is the 4th product, I bought which is way behind its description. This guys should test their crap before they sell it.

Although they are "just" a publisher, I really do not care anymore. And the support told me:

Yes we know the Bear Studio stuff is crap and not supported. The only reason why we sell it, their russian Eimer are unique. Only LOL!

Stickshaker
September 5th, 2015, 09:46
Another problem is that the HUS is very cumbersome. You have to keep adjusting it to keep the symbology in the right place.

However, Just Flight has released many excellent products. Their Canberra, for example, is a beauty. So you might want to look at the developer instead of the publisher to assess quality, and even then, quality, in my opinion, varies greatly.

DaveB
September 5th, 2015, 09:58
In all the years I've been involved with FS.. I don't think I've ever seen anyone 'have a go' at JF!!

Why not look online and see what reviewers write about a product before buying it.. or indeed, ask here before you buy something??

ATB
DaveB:)

menef
September 5th, 2015, 10:12
I bought it some time ago :mixed-smiley-027:. My opinion? MONEY WASTED. The flight model is simply horrible.

glh
September 5th, 2015, 10:41
Glad I read the comments before even CONSIDERING to buy. Not too enthusiastic in the reviews so I'll cross that one off my list.

Cees Donker
September 5th, 2015, 10:54
In all the years I've been involved with FS.. I don't think I've ever seen anyone 'have a go' at JF!!

Why not look online and see what reviewers write about a product before buying it.. or indeed, ask here before you buy something??

ATB

I have absolutely no complaints about JF. I've been treated very fair on several occassions...Good advice from Dave!

:wavey:

Cees

martin88
September 5th, 2015, 11:01
I think this is the best Eurofighter for fsx.
Although some things are very poor. For example the flight dynamics and the fact that changing the weapon loadout does not affect the weight. Frame rates are way worse than for example on the Aerosoft Airbus which is 5 times as complex as the just flight stuff.

Even freeware stuff can do it better. I am dreaming of an EF from Dino :encouragement:

IanHenry
September 5th, 2015, 12:13
Martin, <o:p></o:p>

I'm finding itvery difficult to understand the negative comments you say Justflight supportmade regarding a product they've sold. I've never heard any bad commentspreviously about their support.

I do think if you've any problems with anyof their products, you should take it up with their support rather than public vilification.

Ian

flaviossa
September 5th, 2015, 12:42
Agree. JF has all types of simulation you can have in FS: From simplified to most complex. You have to verify before you buy something, to see if it will be in your standards. I have the Typhoon too, and i think it´s a pretty good plane to do some virtual flights. Said that, i´m a very satisfied customer from JF and will continue to support them :encouragement:

dhazelgrove
September 5th, 2015, 12:47
I like it as well - even if it is a model of an aircraft that is a bit too modern for my tastes.

Dave

DaveB
September 5th, 2015, 13:06
It's a bit too modern for me too Dave but sometimes.. when you're looking for something to buy in a sale.. you often end up buying something you don't really want:biggrin-new:

The JF Eurofighter does seem inordinately frame heavy.. most of which I put down to the HUD which I disabled. The nav lights can be seen from another galaxy so they were also changed. Otherwise.. it's not too bad. Difficult to comment on the flight model as I've never flown a Typhoon but compared to the last model I flew (AFS Design).. this one is almost sedate. You can steer it on the ground too.. something almost impossible to achieve on the AFS model:banghead:

I think you have to expect the unexpected with this sort of thing. A lot of JF branded models are/were done by Aeroplane Heaven so if you know AH stuff.. you know what to expect. Likewise.. if you're buying anything from another 'brand'.. Bear Studios for example.. once you've bought one, you know what to expect from the others. I can't make head nor tail of any of the BS models I have but it doesn't stop me buying them. They are what they are as A2A models are A2A models. Pity the prices between one and the other are often similar but that's the way of the world.

ATB

SeanTK
September 5th, 2015, 13:25
Glad to read honest commentary on a product I was looking at. There's no point in censoring criticism and/or pretending products are wonderful and perfect just because the developer/publisher is active here, which some seem to do. Again, glad to hear about the good and bad so I can make an informed decision.

martin88
September 5th, 2015, 14:17
Glad to read honest commentary on a product I was looking at. There's no point in censoring criticism and/or pretending products are wonderful and perfect just because the developer/publisher is active here, which some seem to do. Again, glad to hear about the good and bad so I can make an informed decision.

Exactly!!!

DaveB
September 5th, 2015, 14:19
You wait until the 'Protocol Police' wake up and read this. We'll all be stuck in irons and thrown in the brig!!:biggrin-new:

It has to be said that no one can put hand on heart and say the Eurofighter is an accurate facsimile of the real thing. I've never used the AP on it before tonight but tried it to see if what Martin was seeing was happening on my rig. It's not.. I'm glad to say. The model will veer North as most models will when HDG hold is set unless you do something about it beforehand (which I didn't) but when I found where the various controls were.. I set it up accordingly and it ran true. However.. I seemed to be going faster than I liked so I cut the throttle (AP engaged with height and alt locked). The model settled at a comfortable 318/319 kias with the throttles on zero. N1 read 14%, N2 49% and I was burning 516PPH. This went on for miles and miles. I eventually checked the duration and I had a leisurely 8.53hrs remaining. Y E S:very_drunk:

If you want 'fly by the numbers'.. make your own numbers up and it'll be fine. If you want a reasonable representation of a Eurofighter with a decent amount of fun factor.. it's also fine. The options for alternatives are few so get it in a sale and any disappointment will be offset by the cheap buying price;)
ATB

mal998
September 5th, 2015, 14:27
It seems to me critiques should be done with a reasonable level of analysis while leaving out the generalizations regarding the developer. Statements such as "even freeware stuff can do it better" makes me growl and I would be willing to guess makes others growl as well. Generalizations made regarding frame rates and flight dynamics usually have a lot to do with the users's settings and will differ wildly from one set up to another.

As has been pointed out here, if you ask before you buy you will get some pretty decent feedback on just about every product. All you have to do is ask.

dhazelgrove
September 5th, 2015, 22:01
I take it you have all applied the service pack for this aircraft?

There is another developer with one of these in (slow) production.
I'm not going to identify them at this time.

Dave

menef
September 6th, 2015, 04:22
[QUOTE=dhazelgrove;978675]I take it you have all applied the service pack for this aircraft?

The release date of the service pack was august 29 , 2013. I bought the jf Eurofighter in 2014 so, as stated by justflight I don't need any service pack ( or I need it ?:biggrin-new: ). I do confirm this addon is money wasted.

dhasdell
September 6th, 2015, 07:28
I do confirm this addon is money wasted.
Nonsense. JF will always give a no questions asked refund if you don't like a product. After your similarly hostile comments about the JF Tornado I'm a little surprised that you still deal with them.