PDA

View Full Version : Duxford visit on Sunday

ian elliot
August 31st, 2015, 09:38
Had some free time yesterday and thought i'd visit Duxford, as im unable to attend any of there airshows this year. As it was a weekend, there was some action with resident warbirds flying off to other airshows through out the day, Duxford also has a restoration center for Armoured vehicles and i was lucky enough to see a T34 being put through its pace's.

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/833607/album/817576

The cockpit shot is from a Blenheim mk2 and there's a virtual beer if you can guess all 5 aircraft in this shot----

hope you like, cheers ian

Naismith
August 31st, 2015, 14:40
Great shots - especially the T-34. Who doesn't like to see tanks in action. :applause:

KevinJH
September 1st, 2015, 00:07
There's some cracking shots there, Ian - thanks for sharing.

I really liked your RIAT ones too - I was there on the Saturday and was able to get some nice shots as well, 'specially of the P-1 whilst on a
run over to the north side of the airfield :friendly_wink:

thanks again....

lefty
September 1st, 2015, 01:24
Nice stuff Ian - a wee while since I was in Duxford, and they keep moving stuff around, but you know a Scotsman can't turn down a free beer, so.....

Strikemaster in front, with a Halifax cockpit section, a CASA 2.111 and a Pucara behind. Would that be the Shack looming above them all ???

ian elliot
September 1st, 2015, 03:00
Dame, i thought no-one would get the Shack, i guess it was the rear search light you can just about make out that gave it away.
Never mind, can or bottle ? :biggrin-new:

cheers ian