PDA

View Full Version : A little strip I threw together today...

rdaniell
August 29th, 2015, 12:51
....I wanted an ag strip where I could base my Cessna Ag Aircraft. This one is representative of Double R Flying Service's strip located in my home town. It has a short paved runway portion to get the loaded airplanes rolling for take-off. The rest of the strip is grass.

RD

TARPSBird
August 29th, 2015, 14:54
Looks great. What tool(s) did you use to create your strip?

rdaniell
August 29th, 2015, 17:16
Looks great. What tool(s) did you use to create your strip?

Thanks for the compliment. I start with SketchUp to make the scenery objects and then convert them for use in FSX with model converter X. I make the scenery using Airport Design Editor X. In this scenery I also used Static Aircraft Model Maker for the static Air Tractor 301s. I find that I can do all I wish with a scenery add-on regarding the airport itself using ADEX. In this one there is a flatten polygon and a land class polygon around the runway. For this scenery, I started from scratch as this little strip is not in FSX. For all the airports that are, I start with the default airport and make modifications to them. One of the things I usually do first is make an exclusion polygon to get rid of the airport background around the airport.

RD