PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice (Minor/Odd FSX Exit/Program Close Issue)

StormILM
August 24th, 2015, 18:55
Okay, I know the issue I'm about to describe is nothing new and to be perfectly honest, it's not a show stopper at all for my new FSX install but it is rather odd & started happening out of the blue. On ending a flight, my screen(full screen) goes black and doesn't progress to the home/aircraft selection screen unless I hit control/alt/delete to access the task manager. The instant the task manager opens, the black screen clears and FSX returns to the home/aircraft selection screen. I have tried to obtain information over the net to see if I can find the cause of the issue and fix it but so far, the only thing that temporarily helped was to uncheck the Prompt on Exit box in the General Settings Menu. That cleared the problem for all of 2 or 3 flights and then the issue came back. Normally this wouldn't matter because I follow the normal advised routine to exit the sim at the end of the flight rather than exit the flight to the home/aircraft selection screen but if at all possible, I'd prefer to fix the issue as it is an annoyance. All being noted, there are zero issues with my current FSX install performance, it's still flowing very smoothly and loading super fast and exiting and faster than previous speeds.

Any ideas?

Jafo
August 24th, 2015, 19:01
Windows 10?
I just noticed the same in the FSXDemo install on a test 10 machine...;)

StormILM
August 24th, 2015, 19:11
No, I'm on Window 7/64 but I'm wondering if any of these W10 prep updates have anything to do with it? Puzzling!

IanHenry
August 24th, 2015, 21:39
Hi,
I've had the same problem, but only with FSX Steam. The only way around it that I could find was to put the sim into windowed mode before ending the flight. I've tried everything, even total re format and re install, but always the problem re appears.
I was trying to figure out if it was an add-on that was causing the problem, but I 've kind of given up on FSX and moved onto P3D.

Ian