PDA

View Full Version : Revised textures for AH B-17F paint "Fireball"

Chuck Lawsen
August 22nd, 2015, 09:53
Hi folks, I discovered a problem with one of the textures for "Fireball", the hz stabilizer had olive drab color on the underside starboard. I had SOH take down the paint so I could revise it, rather than just offer a fix, I've also made a few other adjustments too. I've just uploaded it with the texture fix. For those of you who downloaded it already (thank you!), please DL this new copy and overwrite the texture folder over the old one, no need to replace the aircraft.cfg sine it's the same. New downloads should follow the instructions in the readme. I've provided a screenshot showing the issue. Appreciate your interest!

Roger
August 22nd, 2015, 11:34
Thanks Chuck:ernaehrung004:

bazzar
August 22nd, 2015, 14:20
The upgrade paintkit has this covered so there's no chance of this happening again. All four cowlings and their cowl flaps are now individually mapped too so individual cowling paints can be applied for names and graphics etc. on certain schemes. We've also added new extra ambient occlusion layers and new scratch/wear effects so you can elect to make your B17F as clean or as dirty as you want. :engel016:

Chuck Lawsen
August 22nd, 2015, 14:37
Great! I've got another paint ready to go, but will wait for the update - can't wait!

pilto von pilto
August 22nd, 2015, 16:31
Yes the dirt is such that we could make the B17-F "wash me" livery.