PDA

View Full Version : Small Rustic Cabin

rdaniell
August 22nd, 2015, 05:23
I have just uploaded a re-usable scenery object. It represents a small rustic cabin that I made for one of the many barren default FSX grass strips. I left the light on in the front room.

RD

Obie311
August 22nd, 2015, 09:39
Looks good Randy. I will add it to my scenery library. It looks just like the tenant farmer cabins we used to have on my family's farm in Mississippi. Keep em coming!

Obie

rdaniell
August 22nd, 2015, 10:36
Looks good Randy. I will add it to my scenery library. It looks just like the tenant farmer cabins we used to have on my family's farm in Mississippi. Keep em coming! Obie

Thanks Obie. Lordy!, I thought you had been grounded for showing up at our last get together down at Dog Island with bone dry :pop4: tanks in violation of the FARs. You must have used AOPA's Legal Services :biggrin-new: .

RD

ian elliot
August 22nd, 2015, 12:23
From a fellow Scenery Makers Anonymous member, "where here for you" :biggrin-new:

seriously though, great objects, keep em coming.

cheers ian

Willy
August 22nd, 2015, 12:34
Love it! Looks like one of the "houses" we lived in when I was a kid in SW Arkansas on the Red River. Wood cook stove for heat and old newspapers for wallpaper. Had to go out to the hand pump with a bucket to get water for the house and a outhouse one the edge of the woods.

Yep, gonna get it for when I start to messing with scenery in FSX. I suspect it'll find a home in a few rural places.

rdaniell
August 22nd, 2015, 12:59
Ian, I'm glad to know that a fellow member of the SMA has got my back.

Willy, there's a wood burning heater in the front room. I started to add a smoke effect but, the darn thing never goes out. We certainly don't need any additional heat down here in South Georgia right now.

RD

rich12545
August 22nd, 2015, 19:17
Speaking of scenery objects, has anyone put a few objects by a lot of small airports? There's a program for FS9 called FSF and someone did over 200 for British Columbia (freeware) and over 500 for Alaska (payware about $8 iirc). It seems to work in FSX and I wonder if anyone has done this for other parts of the world.

rdaniell
August 22nd, 2015, 20:04
Speaking of scenery objects, has anyone put a few objects by a lot of small airports? There's a program for FS9 called FSF and someone did over 200 for British Columbia (freeware) and over 500 for Alaska (payware about $8 iirc). It seems to work in FSX and I wonder if anyone has done this for other parts of the world.

I have not heard of this program. I use Airport Design Editor X (ADEX) for my placement tool.

RD

stansdds
August 23rd, 2015, 03:50
Rdaniell, once again you have given us nice scenery objects! :applause:

Willy
August 23rd, 2015, 04:11
I have not heard of this program. I use Airport Design Editor X (ADEX) for my placement tool.

RD

Ah! I used EZ Scenery in FS9 and was wondering if there was something similar for FSX. Not ready to start mucking about with scenery in X yet, still porting some of my favorites over.

rdaniell
August 23rd, 2015, 05:03
Ah! I used EZ Scenery in FS9 and was wondering if there was something similar for FSX. Not ready to start mucking about with scenery in X yet, still porting some of my favorites over.

Willy, ADEX is what they call "one stop shopping." It can be used for object placement, AFCAD design, etc. I find it very user friendly. It also comes with some tutorials plus there's a forum for questions. Just goggle "Scruffy Duck" or Airport Design Editor and you will find where to get it.

RD

rich12545
August 23rd, 2015, 17:06

RD

This is not a program to put in objects. This is two separate programs that has hundreds of objects already put in for Alaska and British Columbia airfields.