PDA

View Full Version : Question

Archive1
August 15th, 2015, 19:09
I thought I uploaded this message earlier but cannot find it. In any case, I need to load a new clean copy of CFS2 using my original CD, but have run into the old problem of the requirement to have the CD loaded to run the program. The requirement for this was lifted as I recall by Microsoft and a three line 'fix' was available to change the main program to create a 'no CD run'. For the life of me I cannot find that info. Can anyone enlighten me?

Blood_Hawk23
August 15th, 2015, 19:13
it was deleted. check your PMs.

Rami
August 15th, 2015, 20:47
Archive1,

SOH still has a policy in place of not discussing No-CD patches. I had to close and move the thread, sorry.

bearcat241
August 16th, 2015, 05:01
You'd think that after all these years of waning MS support for CFS2 and with the current widespread use of NCD gaming technology in all the most recent flight sim and gaming packages this forum would have shed this outdated taboo. :a1089:Unlike the Millennium days when almost everything booted from CD's and this policy meant something, we can't even find a new game or sim that requires the install CD to boot anymore. Its about time we get current too in this matter...