PDA

View Full Version : Milton's harpoon in FSX

WND
August 15th, 2015, 02:36
Doing early morning run around Pensacola..

Doing 'test drop' over Escambia Bay !!

Bill

Anneke
August 15th, 2015, 02:42
Love the fire bomber!!

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2015, 11:27
Thanks guys for the comments. In spite of it being a port over, she performs very well in FSX, uses a common texture folder, DDS textures, and frame rates are great.

Not sure many here in the FSX forum will admit to flying a port over in spite of over 330 FSX Only downloads. :-) :a1310:

harrybasset
August 15th, 2015, 11:32
Thanks guys for the comments. In spite of it being a port over, she performs very well in FSX, uses a common texture folder, DDS textures, and frame rates are great.

Not sure many here in the FSX forum will admit to flying a port over in spite of over 330 FSX Only downloads. :-) :a1310:

I fly quite a few port overs, if I enjoyed them in FS9 they are usually equally enjoyable in FSX. There I've said it in public!

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2015, 11:56
I fly quite a few port overs, if I enjoyed them in FS9 they are usually equally enjoyable in FSX. There I've said it in public!

LOL, thank you Sir :-)

Duckie
August 15th, 2015, 12:11
+ 1! Specially the STOOFS!

jamminjames
August 15th, 2015, 12:31
Mr. Shupe your Harpoon in fsx and fs2004 are works of art! Thanks for these as well as your other fine planes. Can't get enough of your work.......

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2015, 12:37
+ 1! Specially the STOOFS!

Thank you Sir for the awesome paint schemes on that series. :applause:

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2015, 12:38
Mr. Shupe your Harpoon in fsx and fs2004 are works of art! Thanks for these as well as your other fine planes. Can't get enough of your work.......

Well, thank you Sir; it's a real team effort.

I know we are not up to FSX standards, but FSX native freeware is a bit scarce.

Daveroo
August 15th, 2015, 13:14
i havent downloaded it as yet,i didnt know it was out,lol,lookin forward to it.the airtanker?...is it the one thats now restored in Stockton?.....if so i got to see it not long after it was made airworthy at the Nevada county airport in NORCAL,,home of my beloved Grass Valley ATB...hehehe

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2015, 16:44
For the FSX Only Harpoon Fire Tanker, a model replacement folder update to correct some clickability issues for some users has been posted.

See here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?95643-Lockheed-PV-2-Harpoon-Fire-Tanker-FSX-Port-Over&p=973519&viewfull=1#post973519

Tako_Kichi
August 15th, 2015, 20:13
If anyone is interested I have created several camera views for Milton's Harpoon that cover both inside and outside positions. I have attached a zip file to this post that also includes a 'read me' explaining how to add them to your aircraft.

Enjoy!

stansdds
August 16th, 2015, 04:17

I fly plenty of port overs in FSX, including your Beech D18. I actually tried out the beta 1.0 version of the Harpoon in FSX and found it to perform quite well. Milton, thank you for another great add on for the FS9 and FSX communities! :applause: :applause: :applause:

WND
August 16th, 2015, 04:39
If anyone is interested I have created several camera views for Milton's Harpoon that cover both inside and outside positions.

Enjoy!

Thanks Larry - nice job !! HOWEVER there is a possible 'downside' to it.. :wink-new:

While sitting in the back enjoying a 'scotch on the rocks' after a 'hard days flight', where now forced to look at Firekitten's GREAT work !!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!! :applause::encouragement::very_drunk:

Bill

WND
August 16th, 2015, 04:58
I fly plenty of port overs in FSX, including your Beech D18. I actually tried out the beta 1.0 version of the Harpoon in FSX and found it to perform quite well. Milton, thank you for another great add on for the FS9 and FSX communities!

I have to agree, I've also found NO big issue's with Milton's aircraft (the Spartan, the Aero Commanders, the D-18, the Tigercat's, the Tracker's, the Grizzly, the P-47's) ported over into FSX.. On occasion I might have to put something on a 'pop up' but for the most part they all work well, fly well and still look pretty decent !!! :applause:

P3D on the other hand, whole other story !!! :banghead:

Bill

dvj
August 16th, 2015, 19:54
Gang, I am seeing very dark glass in DX10 with Steve's fixer. So dark, I can't see the Pilot or Co-pilot very well. Is there a DX10 Fixer setting that I need to adjust for the Harpoon?

d

Milton Shupe
August 16th, 2015, 20:04
Gang, I am seeing very dark glass in DX10 with Steve's fixer. So dark, I can't see the Pilot or Co-pilot very well. Is there a DX10 Fixer setting that I need to adjust for the Harpoon?

d

dvj,

Just darken the alpha channel to around 50,50,50 and adjust from there to adjust transparency.

If still too dark, you can lighten the primary channel a bit if you must.

dvj
August 18th, 2015, 08:07
Jaw Dropping Beautiful! FSX, DX10, Twenty-nine Palms scenery.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/08/19/harpoonF.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/08/19/harpooN.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/08/19/harpoonG.jpg

dvj
August 19th, 2015, 10:47
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/08/20/harpoonC0cac2.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 1st, 2015, 21:44
For those of you who downloaded the Harpoon Fire Tanker, I found an issue that was preventing the tanks door from opening and retardant to be dropped.

In the aircraft,cfg Smokesystem section, comment out the smoke.0 line as shown:

[smokesystem]
//smoke.0 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant //Remove or comment out for FSX
smoke.1 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
smoke.2 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
smoke.3 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
smoke.4 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant

After that fix, you will be able to bring up the Control window (shift+4), and select the doors in order: Door 1, Door 2, Door 3, Door 4 to release 200 gals per door.

Close the 2 doors by clicking Door 1 and 2 when done.

My apologies for this oversight.

tommieboy
September 1st, 2015, 21:55
Milton,

Is there a "white" water drop effect available too, in lieu of the current red fire retardant? I would like to use this water drop effect on other aircraft too, if you have no objection.

TIA

Tommy