PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Windows 10 Driver Update Overview

gman5250
August 13th, 2015, 16:03
I thought I'd start a thread on the Nvidia 355.60 Windows 10 update patch.

I downloaded the patch today. The install went perfect and I must say that I haven't ever seen the sim look this good. Good performance and incredible graphics. I've attached a screen with stats to illustrate.

Prepar3D2.5 sliders maxed overall. This is my KMMH WIP scenery under development and is a very heavy hitter with high density autogen and massive HD photoreal ground polys. Location, Owens Valley, Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains, Sherwin Grade between KBIH and KMMH looking SSW toward Toms Place & Rock Creek Canyon.

This setup and location would bring Godzilla to his knees....60 FPS rock steady. Not bad.

Two thumbs up on my end.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5739/20366074759_3983930547_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/x2FstZ)

ejoiner
August 13th, 2015, 16:12
352.62 Driver I think. Yup its great. Fixed several problems I had before.

Bjoern
August 13th, 2015, 17:12
Just downloaded and browsing through the release notes. Looks fairly unexciting. :|

This "known issue" make me chuckle though:
"Flight Simulator X–pressing Alt+Tab to switch to the desktop does not work. [293729]"

gman5250
August 13th, 2015, 17:39
Definitely a deal breaker...

I used Alt+Tab to jump from the sim to Photoshop when I took the screen cap. Good enough for me....:untroubled:

Mach3DS
August 13th, 2015, 18:37
355 is working amazingly with p3dv2.5..personally its not an issue if fsx doesn't work with alt+tab as I don't hardly ever turn it on anymore anyway...only to test for.MV...most of my testing is in P3Dv2 anyway. it definitely looks fantastic!

FlameOut
August 14th, 2015, 02:45
...pressing Alt+Tab to switch to the desktop does not work...

Good grief ! I'll have to skip this driver also.
That is a "basic" function needed by all FSX'ers if you have another program running that you need to check on occasionally like ASN .....

assassinezzio
August 14th, 2015, 04:50

I downloaded the patch today. The install went perfect and I must say that I haven't ever seen the sim look this good. Good performance and incredible graphics. I've attached a screen with stats to illustrate.

Prepar3D2.5 sliders maxed overall. This is my KMMH WIP scenery under development and is a very heavy hitter with high density autogen and massive HD photoreal ground polys. Location, Owens Valley, Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains, Sherwin Grade between KBIH and KMMH looking SSW toward Toms Place & Rock Creek Canyon.

This setup and location would bring Godzilla to his knees....60 FPS rock steady. Not bad.

Two thumbs up on my end.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5739/20366074759_3983930547_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/x2FstZ)

I'm running a dual monitor setup with Nvidia GT630 Craphics Card. After downloading and installing 355.60 through GeForce Experience, my pc only now recognises one monitor and is running my visuals through the Microsoft basic display driver.
I have used Display driver uninstaller but the problem remains. I ran Win 10 as a upgrade from 8.1 as opposed to a new install.

If anyone has any insight or thoughts please do share,i would appreciate it alot.

Allen

falcon409
August 14th, 2015, 05:33

Two thumbs up on my end.
I have never installed a new NVidia driver and then been able to praise it for the improvements I could see on-screen. I've just always accepted that there were things about it that made it run better and left it at that. This one is different. I have to say that even at first glance I see a better clarity and realism in the trees and water (running Orbx Basic and Vector Basic with Orbx Trees). I like what I see from this driver.

To "Allen", I also have a Dual Monitor setup and updated from Win7 to Win10. Running an NVidia GTX 650Ti card and the update to the 355.60 driver didn't affect my monitor setup at all.

napacon
August 14th, 2015, 07:33
On my WIN 7 FSX Steam, and using NVIDIA QUANDRO 5000, with 355.60 Driver....Just Fine...

Bjoern
August 14th, 2015, 08:07
Did my usual Unigine Heaven Bench.

Win 7 last used driver: 1078
Win 10 previous driver: 1070
Win 10 current driver: 1075

Performance is up, but not quite there yet.