PDA

View Full Version : Let's go to Nashville...

rdaniell
August 8th, 2015, 05:26
...Nashville, Georgia, that is. I have just uploaded my attempt to enhance the stock FSX South Two Ten airstrip located just south of Nashville, Georgia. This is a grass strip with a few added scenery objects. There is a four airplane T-Hanger (one spot already has a J-3 installed), a rustic cabin with a BBQ grill outside, a farm truck which has an avgas tank on the back, and a few other things. I hid the default runway and land class airport background. Just stay between the lumps of grass.

This strip is located around 30 miles south of Tifton (KTMA).

If you're looking for a nice little weekend get-away, here you :running: go.

RD

UPDATE: I realized that the grass .bgls and textures were located in my static scenery objects library on my install. I've just uploaded an update to this scenery with these items in it. Just copy the contents of the scenery folder into your Nashville Farm scenery folder and the contents of the texture folder into your Nashville Farm texture folder. No overwriting will be required.

rdaniell
August 8th, 2015, 08:00
...is now available. You will need to download both and follow the instructions in the update in order to have the grass show up in your install.

RD

rdaniell
August 8th, 2015, 13:07
...Please note that the grass objects may have an impact :banghead: on your fps. If they do, then all you need to do is delete the grass bgls and textures. That will eliminate the problem :encouragement: . Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

RD

Boomer
August 8th, 2015, 19:42
Well done!

Its nice to see grass strips getting some love :very_drunk: