PDA

View Full Version : Is there a SMA....

rdaniell
August 3rd, 2015, 05:14
...Scenery Makers Anonymous :biggrin-new: here at the Outhouse. I sure need to join. I've gotten back into scenery making and just can't seem to ever be satisfied with a project. I think I'm all done and ready for a new one, open my FSX, take a look, and think about something else that would look good in the scenery........

I'm telling you'll, I have a bad addiction. I need a sponsor.:very_drunk:

RD

roger-wilco-66
August 3rd, 2015, 05:21
Haha, welcome to the club, Randy, sounds all too familiar :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Cees Donker
August 3rd, 2015, 05:24
Just finish it! (says the guy who always puts out betas.....)

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Cees

rdaniell
August 3rd, 2015, 06:26
....three of us :very_drunk: . I know there has to be more. I recently "completed" a private project for an Outhouse friend and have sent it to him. However, I'm still tweaking it for my use. Every time I look at photos of the actual airport, I see something else that I think just has to be in the scenery. Lordy! By the time I can do what Cees recommended, it might just open in FSX but, the frame rate will probably be minus 10 :biggrin-new: .

RD

Tako_Kichi
August 3rd, 2015, 07:25
I worked on a scenery project for Milton Shupe that took 18 months to complete and it just kept growing. Over 200 custom buildings, static aircraft, literally dozens of custom built vehicles, custom railway cars and a yard engine, a tracked tractor with bomb trailers and AI aircraft doing circuits between the three airfields that made up the project. :dizzy:

Then I switched to making flyable aircraft instead of scenery projects and believe me there needs to be a support group for that!

Lane Street
August 3rd, 2015, 08:18
You never finish a scenery project, you only decide to stop working on it.

cheers,
Lane

henrystreet
August 3rd, 2015, 08:28
You never finish a scenery project, you only decide to stop working on it.

cheers,
Lane

lordy, this is true

ian elliot
August 3rd, 2015, 09:59
This all sounds very familiar, ive got a folder full of half finished projects ranging from full blown scenery's with shed loads of custom made objects to tweaked afcads and traffic files, and thats not counting older released scenerys by myself and others im adapting for FSX which may or may not see the light of day, and from all over the world, UK, far east, Vietnam, former Soviet Union ect ect.
I used to get hung up about all the half finished stuff but these days im more relaxed, if i have a spare half an hour and a mug of coffee handy, or even a beer, its very relaxing just tinkering with my scenery tools, occasionally i may even do a bit of flying :biggrin-new:

The main thing is, you should always work to please yourself, if someone else likes it aswell, then thats a bonus

cheers ian

rdaniell
August 3rd, 2015, 10:16
The main thing is, you should always work to please yourself, if someone else likes it aswell, then thats a bonus cheers ian

Ian, that is how I feel about my scenery projects. Not to sound self-centered but, I make sceneries and objects for my own enjoyment. It is a great way to keep the "little gray cells" active.

The main reason that I learned how to use all the tools necessary to complete an add-on scenery or default enhancement was that I soon found that not too many people are interested in the little rural airports that interest me. I'm very fortunate to have developed some really great friendships with others here at the Outhouse who have helped me and continue to help me. There's a couple of them who I have on "speed dial" and they are always ready to help me with a static object whether it be an airplane or vehicle. (You guys know who you are...THANKS!).

And like you said, if someone downloads my scenery or objects, that's just a bonus.

RD

rdaniell
August 3rd, 2015, 18:03
.....will be whenever I finish.................. my next project...:very_drunk:

RD

Cees Donker
August 4th, 2015, 03:07
.....will be whenever I finish.................. my next project...:very_drunk:

RD

Hahahaha!

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Cees

Francois
August 4th, 2015, 04:35
SMA is good...... I'd join too... provided I could find the time :mixed-smiley-027:

rdaniell
August 4th, 2015, 05:34
SMA is good...... I'd join too... provided I could find the time :mixed-smiley-027:

Francois, I expect that we'll have plenty of time to process your application before our next meeting...:biggrin-new:

RD

Daveroo
August 4th, 2015, 05:47
you guys need your own forum....

Tako_Kichi
August 4th, 2015, 05:57
you guys need your own forum....

We've already got one Dave! :encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?26-Landscapers-amp-Architects

Not that it sees much action.