PDA

View Full Version : Lost text in scrolling green banner

TeiscoDelRay
July 26th, 2015, 18:21
The green banner that shows text from atc and other things for some reason does not have any text appear anymore. Is there a config setting or other for this?

heywooood
July 26th, 2015, 21:11
The green banner that shows text from atc and other things for some reason does not have any text appear anymore. Is there a config setting or other for this?

I have this issue - for me, it is because I have the FSX resolution set to my monitors native 1960x1080 or whatever it is, but my nvidia GPU resolution is DSR 3x native

since the green banner info is primarily the airport information I am not bothered by the lack of text - I just listen to the information and maybe let it play twice if I am occupied with some cockpit task

maybe just double check your in-game resolution matches your GPU res.

TeiscoDelRay
July 27th, 2015, 03:23
I have always had my FSX rez set to native 1080p and have had text in the green banner but for some reason it is now blank. I need the text because GSX uses that banner to relay certain commands or instructions.

I was wondering if a setting in the dx10 fixer caused it?

heywooood
July 27th, 2015, 07:22
oh yeah - thats right, REX uses it too when injecting real weather...I just seldom use that feature.

just checked it here and when I reset the resolution in the GPU and FSX to my monitors native res. I have the properly functioning green banner text...
I also run DX10 with Steve's Fixer

not sure what could be causing your banner text to be absent