PDA

View Full Version : A question concerning...

rdaniell
July 24th, 2015, 08:35
....FSGenesis USA Terrain Mesh. I already have Ultimate Terrain X USA and Ground Environment X North America installed. As best as I can tell FSGenesis USA Terrain Mesh is something different from either of these. I think Ultimate Terrain X USA adds rivers and roads. Ground Environment X North America adds all new textures.

Does the terrain mesh modify the elevations of the scenery?

Thanks.

RD

Navy Chief
July 24th, 2015, 10:24
I do not have an answer to your question, but it is a coincidence that you posted about FSGenesis.

Last night my wife was looking at a Facebook post I'd made, and asked if I knew someone who had also posted, named Justin Tyme? As I understand it, he is one of, if not the designer for FSGenesis?

Anyway, it turns out that Justin's sister is a close college friend of my wife's.

Small world. NC

Sieggie
July 24th, 2015, 10:30
RD,

You are correct, FSG is terrain mesh and makes the elevation more accurate. This can be a blessing or a curse as the airports flattens do not follow the mesh and you can get raised and sunken airports on occasion.

Dave

rdaniell
July 24th, 2015, 10:49
To Navy Chief: Yep! It's a small, small, small world...I once found a person with my exact same name on facebook. Also another with my nickname and exact spelling of my family name.

To Sieggie: Thank you. I kinda thought that. Since I do most of my FSX flying down here in South Georgia which is pretty flat country, I don't think I will be investing almost $ 80.00 in new mesh. I also have a concern about what it might do to some of the "farm strips" that I've made from scratch.

RD

Sieggie
July 24th, 2015, 16:44
If you have made the strips from scratch, you can simply adjust the airport altitude to compensate for the new terrain height. I have almost all of the FSG from when Justin still owned it via a lifetime subscription (no longer valid so I must be dead). I have readjusted all the fields here in Florida that I fly in and out of so they are flush with the mesh. It will most likely only be a problem when you get into the mountains. If you have a handle on ADE, you can just bring in the field and shift it. I find the enhanced mesh makes photo real look much better. Mountains don't look so worn and rounded.

Dave