PDA

View Full Version : YF23 PAV 1 800 v3

Mach3DS
July 22nd, 2015, 21:09
Got bored and redid all the speculars for my first repaint...the yf23 by Milviz/FSD. image is from P3Dv2 but it will also work in fsx.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/457/19744360678_b7ccab2bd7_b.jpg

Stickshaker
July 23rd, 2015, 00:36
Looks very nice, Rick! Kat of MilViz announced some time ago here that they are working on an improved version.

ce_zeta
July 23rd, 2015, 01:19
Nice job Rick. :encouragement:

Looks very nice, Rick! Kat of MilViz announced some time ago here that they are working on an improved version.
:applause: Good news. Now we only need a good X-32.:biggrin-new:

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2015, 09:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQe4SGHyWJk

:applause: Good news. Now we only need a good X-32.:biggrin-new:

Cheeriest mofo on the block.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-32/images/df-sd-03-15738.jpg

Montie
July 23rd, 2015, 09:20
I wish we had the X-32. Great work on the YF-23!

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2015, 09:27
An X-32 wouldn't sell. Just like the real deal didn't.

Dutcheeseblend
July 23rd, 2015, 09:55
I don't want to be seen in an X-32...:p87:
Said without disrespect to the designers, of course.

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 11:43
I for one am a HUGE fan of most prototype and xplane types. I've always wanted to see an X32..even if just the exterior model....I would be happy to marry it up with an available VC. FDE is subject time since X32 data I don't think is available...but it could be said that it's very similar to the X35.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 13:28
Got bored and redid all the speculars for my first repaint...the yf23 by Milviz/FSD. image is from P3Dv2 but it will also work in fsx.

Rick this got me fired up to install the YF-23 again. I downloaded the latest installer from FSD and it seemed to go fine (installed in P3D_V2.5+) but I have no avionics function in the VC. Everything is dark and all switches are on. Did you run into anything like this with your installation in P3D?

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 13:31
Same here falcon409. If you can figure out which gauges are needed I'm sure more than one person would be thrilled! I'll upload it today.

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2015, 13:49
I for one am a HUGE fan of most prototype and xplane types. I've always wanted to see an X32..even if just the exterior model....I would be happy to marry it up with an available VC. FDE is subject time since X32 data I don't think is available...but it could be said that it's very similar to the X35.

See this to get you started:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91694-Boeing-X-32-for-FSX&p=968004#post968004

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 14:03
Same here falcon409. If you can figure out which gauges are needed I'm sure more than one person would be thrilled! I'll upload it today.
I would contact FSD and ask them, but I've been that route before and it never ends well, lol. Also, since this isn't made for P3D. . .that's most likely the extent of the answer I'd get from them and little else.

gradyhappyg
July 23rd, 2015, 14:50
Maybe you didn't have FDav.dll install correctly. That file has given me problems in FSX so it might not be in the right place in P3D.
Without it you will have those blank gauges.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 14:56
Maybe you didn't have FDav.dll install correctly. That file has given me problems in FSX so it might not be in the right place in P3D.
Without it you will have those blank gauges.
I have no idea what that is, but it's not in the P3D installation anywhere. What is it, how is it installed, where does it come from?

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 15:36
I really don't have the patience for this. FSD has the ONLY installer I have ever had problems with. I've been purchasing and installing payware aircraft for over 10 years and their installers are the quirkiest I have ever come across. I get that this airplane was not made for P3D, but neither are many of the airplanes I fly (payware), yet somehow they all install fine with no anomalies. I looked at the error log for the YF23 and it's a full page of "critical" files missing, no access to the Temp folder, important files that couldn't be found, can't create a shortcut. Despite all that, during the actual installation there were no pop-ups related to the errors. . .the installation went off as though everything was fine. Yet. . .while the aircraft looks great and the engine is running and the VC is entirely functional. . .not a single display shows up. Uggh!

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 15:57
in the FSX main gauges folder. if you have it installed in FSX first. :)

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 16:08
in the FSX main gauges folder. if you have it installed in FSX first. :)
I don't have FSX anymore. . .just P3D.

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 16:19
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/19960589691_d7ba2c8386_o.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/361/19955420965_b808141677_o.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/509/19955420365_13e0b47dcc_o.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/488/19767368188_3763d49385_o.jpg

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 16:20
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/335/19768734159_c36e0a1431_o.jpg

Sundog
July 23rd, 2015, 18:09

Actually, the X-32 was faster and more maneuverable than the X-35. That's a result of a combination of it being powered by a tandem fan engine, having a huge delta wing, being lighter, and using TV for pitch.

Has the YF-23 texture upgrade been uploaded? It looks great. :)

gradyhappyg
July 23rd, 2015, 19:10
I don't know if this is kosher or not if not the administrators can kill the zip. Here are the files/gauges needed for the panel folder from FSX.
Don't know if they will work in P3D or not you can give it a shot. Just drop the ones that are missing into the panel folder.

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 20:22
Thank you. I compared to what I had and found I didn't copy over all the files! Works like a charm!

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 20:23
Uploaded. Not sure when it will be active. Soon!

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 20:27
Thank you. I compared to what I had and found I didn't copy over all the files! Works like a charm!
Really? You have full avionics now?

gradyhappyg
July 23rd, 2015, 21:31

Glad it worked. Funny thing is I decided to go to their website and download the newer Steam installer and guess what no avionics in Steam. I am thinking their newer installers are borked.

Mach3DS
July 23rd, 2015, 21:33
Yes sir. Full avionics...speaking of which...has anyone figured out how to replace the HUD imagery? It's always been almost impossible to see. It's so faint at times it actually disappears altogether.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 21:57
Yes sir. Full avionics. . . . . . . . . .

Hmmm, nothing has worked for me so apparently my problem isn't the missing FDav.dll file (all that I was missing from the posted zipfile).:banghead:

Stickshaker
July 23rd, 2015, 23:59
Yes sir. Full avionics...speaking of which...has anyone figured out how to replace the HUD imagery? It's always been almost impossible to see. It's so faint at times it actually disappears altogether.

Another problem with the HUD symbology it that it sits too low. The horizon line is below the 'real' horizon (at least for me). if anyone knows a fix I'd be grateful to hear it.

IanHenry
July 24th, 2015, 01:03
I've just downloaded the new installer for FSX-SE and nothing in the cockpit works, no display's or HUD.

Ian

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 04:24
I've just downloaded the new installer for FSX-SE and nothing in the cockpit works, no display's or HUD.
Ian
So even in FSX-SE it isn't working correctly. I wonder if it's the fa-18 that is called by the panel config file? Is that supposed to be a cab file or a dll file? I have an FA-18.dll file. . .does it make any difference that mine are all caps?

Dumonceau
July 24th, 2015, 04:33
So even in FSX-SE it isn't working correctly. I wonder if it's the fa-18 that is called by the panel config file? Is that supposed to be a cab file or a dll file? I have an FA-18.dll file. . .does it make any difference that mine are all caps?

That would be the fa-18.dll file Ed!

Johan

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 04:51
That would be the fa-18.dll file Ed!
Johan
Thanks Johan. I've decided to move on. I know what answer I'll get if I go to FSD and it's not worth the aggravation of arguing with Tim over whether or not the installer is the issue. He has one answer for everything. . ."It's not our installer, it's your computer". I've deleted the Black Widow.

Mach3DS
July 24th, 2015, 04:51
@falcon409...yes I have the fa-18.dll copied over as well. I believe it's also required.

Mach3DS
July 24th, 2015, 04:53
Falcon let me help you install it...PM me.

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 04:54
@falcon409...yes I have the fa-18.dll copied over as well. I believe it's also required.
The installer installs an FA-18.dll gauge file. . .apparently that's the same so even having that in the gauges folder doesn't fix this stupid thing.

Mach3DS
July 24th, 2015, 05:02
there's also a 2 letter licensing file that gets installed into the main directory. I copied that over from fsx. However, I'm not at my FS machine right now so I can t remember what it's called. it's in the install log txt file that gets generated at the bottom of the list.

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 05:15
there's also a 2 letter licensing file that gets installed into the main directory. I copied that over from fsx. However, I'm not at my FS machine right now so I can t remember what it's called. it's in the install log txt file that gets generated at the bottom of the list.
Yea, I saw that and ran it (fsd.exe I think), after I ran it the file disappeared. I went into regedit and deleted that info as well, so everything is gone now.

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 08:26
Well, here's a fine kettle of fish, lol. On a whim, I went back to the original installer from a year ago (dated 5/20/2014). . .lucky that I had kept it I guess. I also did a fresh/basic installation of FSX and just to go back a few steps, I tried using the new installer to install it into FSX/Accel and the results were the same. . .no avionics displays.

Ok, so I crank up the old installer and install the YF-23, no problems. I load FSX, load the Black Widow and everything works perfectly. I then proceeded to copy everything from that installation into P3D and. . .add drum roll here. . .it works perfectly. I might also add that the file designated "FDav.dll" is not part of the installation and apparently isn't necessary. . .at least not in this case. Anyway, I wanted to share that info with those interested and anyone who is watching this but not participating. If you have an old installer. . .give it a try.

WarHorse47
July 24th, 2015, 09:05
Well, here's a fine kettle of fish, lol. On a whim, I went back to the original installer from a year ago (dated 5/20/2014). . .lucky that I had kept it I guess. I also did a fresh/basic installation of FSX and just to go back a few steps, I tried using the new installer to install it into FSX/Accel and the results were the same. . .no avionics displays.

Ok, so I crank up the old installer and install the YF-23, no problems. I load FSX, load the Black Widow and everything works perfectly. I then proceeded to copy everything from that installation into P3D and. . .add drum roll here. . .it works perfectly. I might also add that the file designated "FDav.dll" is not part of the installation and apparently isn't necessary. . .at least not in this case. Anyway, I wanted to share that info with those interested and anyone who is watching this but not participating. If you have an old installer. . .give it a try.Interesting.

I have FSXA. My YF-23 is offline at the moment. I was having some issues with FDav.dll, and removed it from the FSX.cfg as trusted software. It was loading each time I ran FSX and causing some problems as I recall. If its not part of the installation, then what is it for?

gradyhappyg
July 24th, 2015, 10:06
Interesting.

I have FSXA. My YF-23 is offline at the moment. I was having some issues with FDav.dll, and removed it from the FSX.cfg as trusted software. It was loading each time I ran FSX and causing some problems as I recall. If its not part of the installation, then what is it for?

It's for some of FSD's other aircraft I deleted it from the main gauge folder in FSX and added it to each FSD individual aircraft panel folder because it was causing hangs at start up in the gauge folder just assumed you needed it in the YF-23 as well.
I think the main problem is FSD's new updated installers as it won't work at all in Steam.

martin88
July 24th, 2015, 11:45

Nice repaint. I bought the YF23 one week ago and it is not working. Panel displays are black, I can do what ever I want. Sorry but even FSD support is to stupid to give me a solution. I use FSX Steam and they promised me that it works "fine" on steam. Haha lol yes it works great :redfire:
I spent 20€ for a not working plane

StormILM
July 24th, 2015, 18:39
Just recently decided to give this ole beast a new lease on life in my virtual hangar. As you can see in this video, there's some major overhauling in the FDE as well as my old afterburner tweak (the latter which I never quite got around to finishing due to time constraints). So far as the FDE, I'm not the author but am the sole tester/tweaker thus far and there's a lot more that needs to be done (the goal being trying to replicate the planned/intended supermaneuverability of the YF-23 which was aerodynamic only(non-thrust vectoring). Hopefully something releasable can come of this testing in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IzkkhRUD4

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 19:17
Another problem with the HUD symbology it that it sits too low. The horizon line is below the 'real' horizon (at least for me). if anyone knows a fix I'd be grateful to hear it.
Seems that way to me as well. I have TrackIR so I can sit a bit straighter in the seat and stretch to see it, but it does appear to sit too low.

martin88
July 26th, 2015, 08:14
I will never understand why this plane does not work on my FSX Steam. Actually it must work "fine" there.

My cockpit displays are black, and even FSD (this is where I bought the plane) can or does not want to help me.
I tried reinstalling about 5 times until I got stupid. I also tried to put displays from a freeware Jet into the YF23 panel. This did not work, too.
My Afterburner effects also looked like blue bubble gum. This experience forces me to buy products only from well known developers who have a qualified support :banghead:

Mach3DS
July 26th, 2015, 10:42
Milviz created the initial model and I believe they are at some point going to do a redux version of this one as well. FSD was sonehow licenced at one point to develop ot is my guess. I for one can't wait for an updated version! This model is great and working great in P3D2. Falcon are you still having issues?

martin88
July 26th, 2015, 10:45
lol with the Help from someone from this forum the plane workes now. This is crazy

falcon409
July 26th, 2015, 13:10
. . . . .Falcon are you still having issues?
Nope, I used an older installer that worked perfectly.

gradyhappyg
July 26th, 2015, 18:00
lol with the Help from someone from this forum the plane workes now. This is crazy

You finally got it working in Steam? May I ask how? I tried everything I could think of old installers copying over and still no joy.

Mach3DS
July 27th, 2015, 21:31
One thing I must say about this aircraft is that it must be at least IMO one of the most exotic and in deed beautiful airplane designs of modern times. It's a real shame it 'lost' the bid for ATF. The NATF version would have been something to behold for certain.

vulcan129
August 24th, 2015, 15:43
Little late to this thread I know but did anyone ever get the avionics for the YF-23 to work in Steam? FSD sent me an updated F-18.dll file and I installed as described by Tim from FSD but did not work. It seems some of the comments about FSD customer service was right, it is non-existent. After I told Tim the new file did not work, I was told I did not load it correctly and when I showed I did load it correctly I have no heard back from FSD yet.

If anyone did get the avionics to work in steam I would be grateful for the help. Thanks!

Marcus

Mach3DS
August 24th, 2015, 15:50
Sorry Marcus...I don't have ateam. I only use P3Dv2.5 and test in FSXA. Hopefully someone can help you.

Sundog
August 24th, 2015, 18:21
One thing I must say about this aircraft is that it must be at least IMO one of the most exotic and in deed beautiful airplane designs of modern times. It's a real shame it 'lost' the bid for ATF. The NATF version would have been something to behold for certain.

For your reference, the Northrop NATF was a completely different airframe;

Northrop NATF Proposal (http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=360)

Northrop NATF Side Elevation Artwork (http://fighterman35.deviantart.com/art/Northrop-s-NATF-23-416419198)

I actually think that's the one Batman would have flown. ;)

falcon409
August 24th, 2015, 19:15
Little late to this thread I know but did anyone ever get the avionics for the YF-23 to work in Steam? FSD sent me an updated F-18.dll file and I installed as described by Tim from FSD but did not work. It seems some of the comments about FSD customer service was right, it is non-existent. After I told Tim the new file did not work, I was told I did not load it correctly and when I showed I did load it correctly I have no heard back from FSD yet.

If anyone did get the avionics to work in steam I would be grateful for the help. Thanks!

Marcus
Yes, Tim's normal answer to everything is that it's something "you" did wrong. Very irritating bunch really.

IF you have an old installer for the YF-23 (I had one from over a year ago), that will install the aircraft with all the avionics in perfect working order. Unfortunately whatever they "improved" with their latest installer causes it to be totally useless with this airplane. The older installer will also allow it to be loaded into FSX/Steam.