PDA

View Full Version : Making a pop up window out of a view

donnybalonny
July 22nd, 2015, 10:18
First of all, I hope I will explain myself correctly.

Its about the AH (justflight) Fokker F27.
The addon doesnt have any pop-up windows. But it has, as usual a lot of cycle views. I would like to make 2 pop-up windows with autopilot and radio respectively. This way, I can have them on a second monitor, which would be a lot more relaxing than all this A and shift+A toggling around.
Can it be done. and if it can...... how?:wiggle:
Thanks a lot in advance.

Anders

bazzar
July 22nd, 2015, 14:32
For a true pop-up you will need to add gauges into the panel folder and entries into the panel CFG. The autopilot is a bespoke coded item so I am not really sure that a stock autopilot would work with it but you could try it. Radios and autopilots in our stuff use special coded items called inits which lay down certain simulator conditions for the items they control. Mucking about with 2D gauges MAY cause problems, so beware.

Take the window entries from a stock aircraft with a radio stack and put them into the panel CFG, being careful to leave whatever is in there alone. Make sure that the gauges file the window is calling is either in your plane's panel folder or in the main simulator gauges folder.

Paul Domingue
July 22nd, 2015, 15:21
By popup windows do you mean 2d gauges that open with the shift+1,2,etc?

donnybalonny
July 22nd, 2015, 23:30
Yes, I mean shift + number 2d popups. (You know window entries in panel.cfg) Just the fact that they are 2D makes me believe that its impossible to just add a 3d view.

It just surprises me that AH hasnt made any pop up windows. It makes using the addon so much easyer. Specially the autopilot, which is hidden below the arm-rest is really annoying that it has be seen in a A - A+shift cycle view. It makes using the AC a lot more complicated. I have deleted most VC cycle views to make it less complicated, but its a so - so way of doing things.

Maybe if Bazzar (thanks for your comments) could mention it to the comming patch team.

n4gix
July 23rd, 2015, 05:42
It is possible to use the [ key to create a new view, then use the normal keys to set that view to the autopilot. This new window view can then be dragged off to a second monitor.

Unfortunately, you would need to save this as a named "flight" so that the configuration will be preserved, as there is no way to "automate" this type of setup.