PDA

View Full Version : REXplanation please!

Mach3DS
July 16th, 2015, 20:35
Pun intended!

Could someone please explain in layman's terms what each REX weather module is and which one I should be using if I primarily use P3D? I've currently got installed REX Essentials plus. However with P3D it seems like the visibility is borked and always so hazy I can't see anything in front of me no matter what when set to live weather. Thanks all! It's the one thing I don't really follow and now there's so many products I have no idea what I should be looking at! ;)

Dimus
July 17th, 2015, 00:44
Personal opinion here. For haze and visibility, especially in P3D, I find the combination of ASN for weather feed and REX4 plus Soft Clouds for textures, produce a very realistic effect. Volumetric fog must be turned on.

greenie
July 17th, 2015, 03:41
ASN for sure . Sometimes ,it seems , it doesn't matter what textures you use - the cloud shape changes depending on weather conditions .

I have Rex Soft but tired of it ( its fine though). I wanted a bit more definition and now using a combination of Soft and REX2 which is working quite well .

papab
July 17th, 2015, 10:06
000RICK000,

REX 3 ES -Weather engine and textures
REX 4 Texture direct-no engine, textures only
REX Soft Clouds- volumetric texture for Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus
NOTE: If using Soft clouds in REX 3 ES- Options/ Cloud textures-make sure you have cumulus clouds un-ticked

P3DV2:
Cloud Detail is the single most important area
in regards to cloud visuals. If Simple clouds is
checked, Prepar3D will NOT utilize REX textures.
Select Detailed clouds for full functionality of REX
cloud textures.

Configuration Manager:
Visibility:

SET GLOBAL VISIBILITY LAYERS
Custom set your own visibility layers that override
real visibility settings. You may set a range and then
select the layer height by foot above ground level.
The slider has the following values, by using the
mouse to grab the slider and moving it left to right:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 sm.
This will take some experimenting and will yield a
satisfactory solution to the haze problem

You can also drop your question into the REX Support forums
and get a solution to your issue.. All the REX Dev's are constantly monitoring the support forums

Rick

Mach3DS
July 17th, 2015, 14:19
Perfect explanation Papab! Thank you!

papab
July 17th, 2015, 14:31
Perfect explanation Papab! Thank you!
You are welcome Sir!