PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser catapult...help

dasuto247
July 15th, 2015, 21:57
Anyone know the correct position for the catapult for these ships? So they launch I put them to take off and end up on bridge other weird places.The JMK Sydney class has a catapult facing perfect direction, but it has taking off the bridge area as mentioned.Would like to get several cruisers fixed for this but have not a clue. This is holding up a mission build so any help is appreciated.

Usios JMK HMAS Canberra

Usios JMK HMAS Syndey

VN Northampton, etc main concern are the Aussie ships right now.

stuart277
July 16th, 2015, 00:46
Hi Dasuto247
I have just had a quick look at the JMK Canberra and JMK Sydney. The Catapult is at 90 degree's.
CFS2 will set plane facing the bow (0 degrees) in every case.
The plane rarely sit in the center of the catapult.
To take off you need to look up 'CatFix' CFG file (or something similar), here at SOH.
The airplane needs to be able to have water injection enabled.
When you start the plane, put the brakes on, use the rudder and throttle to slowly turn the aircraft to 90 degrees (or whatever), Give it full throttle, engage water injection and release the brake.
There are a few posts on this.
Bloodhawk23 helped me set up a few ships that I made for catapult launch.
Good luck with your projects.
Cheers
Stuart

Blood_Hawk23
July 16th, 2015, 07:00
Hi Dasuto247
I have just had a quick look at the JMK Canberra and JMK Sydney. The Catapult is at 90 degree's.
CFS2 will set plane facing the bow (0 degrees) in every case.
The plane rarely sit in the center of the catapult.
To take off you need to look up 'CatFix' CFG file (or something similar), here at SOH.
The airplane needs to be able to have water injection enabled.
When you start the plane, put the brakes on, use the rudder and throttle to slowly turn the aircraft to 90 degrees (or whatever), Give it full throttle, engage water injection and release the brake.
There are a few posts on this.
Bloodhawk23 helped me set up a few ships that I made for catapult launch.
Good luck with your projects.
Cheers
Stuart

Dasuto,

On the Cruisers the player must line themselves up. Its part of the fun. Just give it a large enough deck to move on.

Now on the carriers, there is away to line up to the cat. Its a bit of trial and error. Plus there are some requirements on the players part to stay lined up. Here is an example of what you can do...

Stock setup for the Bunker Hill...

[flight_deck_section]
; this section defines the control points the
; AI (and LSO) use to steer towards the flight deck
width=32
length=241
takeoff_start=0,21,-110
takeoff_stop=0,21,120
landing_start=0,500,-5000
landing_touch_down=1.279999,19.456001,-95.135239
landing_stop=1.279999,19.456001,0

Cat setup for the Bunker Hill...

[flight_deck_section]
; this section defines the control points the
; AI (and LSO) use to steer towards the flight deck
width=32
length=241
takeoff_start=-16.0,21,56.00
takeoff_stop=0,21,120
landing_start=0,500,-5000
landing_touch_down=1.279999,19.456001,-95.135239
landing_stop=1.279999,19.456001,0

By changing the start location you can turn the AC to have it lined up.

Note: While the mission is loading you must set the parking brake. Other wise you could move out of postion on the deck.

There are limits on how far it will move. I've noticed about a 15-20 deg angle from center MAX. With this setup you have to use the catapult gauge or a modified Jet with afterburn. The latter suffers from the WARP BUG.

Here is my setup for the JMK Nisshin. There is a test mission included.