July 11th, 2015, 06:00
under attack today things will be slow

Ickie
July 11th, 2015, 06:26
looks like they are after our send mail, lol
thousands of attacks

Ickie
July 11th, 2015, 06:38
I now have them blocked at 5 hits per IP then that IP is blocked, this will slow them down a bit

Ickie
July 11th, 2015, 06:46
that stopped them,
countries i just blocked
:a1310:
"CN,OM,TH,RU,KZ,KR.UA,BO,VN,IN,PK,MK,PH,GE"

Allen
July 11th, 2015, 07:56
Okay, no prob!

hubbabubba
July 11th, 2015, 12:27
For those who may be interested in knowing which country hides behind those cryptic suffixes, here's a list;

.cn - People's Republic of China
.om - Oman
.th - Thailand
.ru - Russian Federation
.kz - Kazakhstan
.kr - Republic of Korea
.ua - Ukraine
.bo - Bolivia
.vn - Viet Nam
.in - India
.pk - Pakistan
.mk - Macedonia
.ph - Philippines
.ge - Georgia

Note that, as some of those countries are well-known "hackers nests", others are simply being used as proxy "piggy-backs".

The Internet looks now more than ever like mid-1800 Far-West, the six-shooter being replaced by a keyboard...:banghead:

Allen
July 11th, 2015, 14:58
For those who may be interested in knowing which country hides behind those cryptic suffixes, here's a list;

.cn - People's Republic of China
.om - Oman
.th - Thailand
.ru - Russian Federation
.kz - Kazakhstan
.kr - Republic of Korea
.ua - Ukraine
.bo - Bolivia
.vn - Viet Nam
.in - India
.pk - Pakistan
.mk - Macedonia
.ph - Philippines
.ge - Georgia

Note that, as some of those countries are well-known "hackers nests", others are simply being used as proxy "piggy-backs".

The Internet looks now more than ever like mid-1800 Far-West, the six-shooter being replaced by a keyboard...:banghead:

So we have a bunch of "Keyboard Cowboys" about the net?

Ickie
July 11th, 2015, 15:05
"Keyboard Cowboys" ................ I have other words to call them

hubbabubba
July 11th, 2015, 15:18
"Keyboard Cowboys" ................ I have other words to call them

At least, we have a Sheriff in town...:rocket::rocket:

gman5250
July 11th, 2015, 16:33
The Hacking Team debacle left their source code, or at least much of it, available to every bottom feeder out there. That's just dandy.....

As a precaution, I'm not allowing any upgrades to anything...period.

stansdds
July 12th, 2015, 03:16
The Hacking Team debacle left their source code, or at least much of it, available to every bottom feeder out there. That's just dandy.....

Welcome to my philosophy! People may say that I am just scared of change, but at least by not allowing my computer to automatically update everything it still works!

Dumonceau
July 12th, 2015, 05:14

Most of it? All of it is to be found on pastebin Gordon! Most of it, like 99%, can be found on 4chan.

of course, If you call a firm, mostly working for governments and corporations "hacking team" you turn it into a target. Not saying that that is right or righteous even, just that naming a firm that way is a provocation to say the least.

It's not the ethical hackers you have to worry about, it's the other ones. Anonymous excluded. We shouldn't mix hacktivists with hackers. There is a difference!

Johan

gman5250
July 12th, 2015, 05:22
It's not the ethical hackers you have to worry about, it's the other ones. Anonymous excluded. We shouldn't mix hacktivists with hackers. There is a difference!

Johan

I couldn't agree with you more Johan. :encouragement:

Henry
July 12th, 2015, 09:48
I GOT SO FRUSTRATED I THREW MY LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW:banghead:H:biggrin-new: